Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: WMNF Forest Road Status

Jefferson Notch Road, still closed as of 6/17. The NH DOT hopes to have it opne by 4th of July weekend, but they were careful to note, no guarantees.

How about Clinton Road? Any word on that? It is still listed as being closed, but was told people we moving the sign in the road and driving up to Edmunds parking area and not seeing any issues.

Do they need a group of volunteers with chain saws to help out?

Pure speculation is that if asked, they wouldnt allow anyone to help with a chainsaw, on the other hand, they probably wouldnt arrest anyone who did it without permission as long as the fire wood stayed on the scene

Clinton is open as far as Edmands, I've been there. Likely open all the way but I can't personally vouch for that.
    Have fun & be safe
    Mike P.

Clinton still listed as closed. Was it open from the notch side or the cog side?

Quote Originally Posted by bristlecone View Post
    Clinton still listed as closed. Was it open from the notch side or the cog side?
    The major blow-downs were near the Cog side. It was pretty clear from 302 to the trailhead parking.

Clinton Road

I forgot about this thread and posted a new thread but was told by the Crawford Shed of NHDOT both Mt. Clinton and Jefferson Notch open on July 2 and I did drive from Valley Rd to Caps Ridge Trail and JNR was fine..

Bog Dam Road off of York Pond Rd.

The FS announced that Bog Dam Road off of York Pond Road will be closed "as a loop" for 4 to 6 weeks to replace culverts. This is starting the first week in September (no exact date given). Signs will be posted at each entrance telling one the estimated mileage one could drive until having to turn around. I know many folks many not travel this road, but it is a nice area to see wildlife and foliage.

closures after this weekend

It looks like Haystack, Gale River, Zealand, Tripoli, and a few other roads will be closing for the season after this weekend. I had hoped they'd hold out until the first major dump.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/forests/whit...ads_status.php
    All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
    -J. R. R. Tolkien

I checked the forest service web site a few moments ago and now it seems roads that were listed as closed are now listed as open. I'm especially interested in the status of the Tripoli Road.
    Ellen

Volunteer Maintainer: East Pond Trail

"Through winter-time we call on spring/And through the spring on summer call/And when abounding hedges ring/Declare that winter's best of all/And after that there's nothing good/Because the spring-time has not come... William Butler Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by erugs View Post
    I'm especially interested in the status of the Tripoli Road.
    Open as of a few minutes ago

Thanks Mohamed. I'm hoping it will be on Saturday as I have a "through hike" of the East Pond Trail planned.
    Ellen

Volunteer Maintainer: East Pond Trail

"Through winter-time we call on spring/And through the spring on summer call/And when abounding hedges ring/Declare that winter's best of all/And after that there's nothing good/Because the spring-time has not come... William Butler Yeats

Funny, Cherry Mtn Rd is listed as open today but it was locked last Friday when I was there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombadil View Post
    It looks like Haystack, Gale River, Zealand, Tripoli, and a few other roads will be closing for the season after this weekend. I had hoped they'd hold out until the first major dump.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/forests/whit...ads_status.php
    Does anyone know if the website to find which roads are closed in the White Mountain region has been changed? The link that Darren put in the original 2006 post, as listed again in this November 2010 post, does not seem to work. I have tried this link a few times over the past three days with no success.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sjhbos View Post
    I have tried this link a few times over the past three days with no success.
    Strange ... I just clicked on the link in the first post and got the page.

Do you see any other browser or network problems?