Bug Spray and Lotion Expiration

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brien

Reaction score
Every year I buy new bug sprays and lotion. I have a nice collection of half used items. Is there an expiration to these? I do not see any on the bottles/cans. There was a can and a bottle of lotion that I left in the car over the winter as well - do you think they are still effective? Should I throw out the old ones and just go new or are the ones that are a year or two old still good?

I've seen reports that suntan loition loses its effectiveness over time, and they authors recommended getting new lotion every summer. Since it's not a big expense, and I use a lot of it, I don't have a problem getting a new bottle each summer.

-dave-

David Metsky said:
I've seen reports that suntan loition loses its effectiveness over time, and they authors recommended getting new lotion every summer. Since it's not a big expense, and I use a lot of it, I don't have a problem getting a new bottle each summer.

-dave-
I'd be intersted in finding out who sanctioned or developed that report?? Suntan Lotion Manufacturers of America?? :D
Kinda like oil Refiners telling you to change your oil every 3K and dealers telling you every 7.5K - They have each got a profit motive and the truth, Iimagine, lies somewhere in between. :)

David Metsky said:

-dave-
I seen that also. Yet evey year I buy myself "last year's" stuff
(love that job lot)
and it seems to work fine.