Kinsmans/Cannon/Tecumseh: 12-31

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frodo

VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
7:05am
We leave the Lafayette Place parking lot and head up the Lonesome Lake Trail. Thom is back to join us for this hike. Cold and windy day. Actually feels like winter again after 2 days of sloppy April like conditions.

9:19am
We arrive at the summit of N. Kinsman via the Fish'n Jimmy/Kinsman Ridge Trails. We meet a backpacker who spent the night at the Kinsman Shelter, and we thank him as he heads over the Cannon Balls breaking trail.

9:50am
We are on the summit of S. Kinsman. It is cold and blustery so we take our summit pictures (so far we have pictures from every summit), and quickly head back.

10:17am
We are back on the summit of N. Kinsman. Brrrrrr.... We keep moving....

10:35am
We are at the Kinsman Ridge/Fish'n Jimmy intersection, when surprise! Along comes Rick, Hal, Bill, et al, from the Wednesday group. It is awesome to see them again. We chat for a while then we leave for the Cannon Balls and they head up the Kinsmans. One of the best things about this adventure is meeting friends along the way.

12:18pm
We arrive on Cannon. A few more summit pics and down we go via the Hi-Cannon Trail. Thom is planning a more casual decent, so we part ways. See you at 6:00am tomorrow!

1:38pm
We are back to our cars, and after a short debate, we head for Tecumseh. We came very close to heading for Moosilauke, but choose a less time consuming peak to allow the both of us to return home to spend New Years Eve with our families. This will be short lived though, due to myself having to get up at 3:00am to head back North for our date with Hale/Zealand/Bonds. (No Dick Clark's Rockin New Year for me!).

2:48pm
We park at the Waterville Valley parking lot, and head up the Tecumseh Trail. The trail is well broken, and we have a few laughs talking about being teenagers in the 80's (what a bizzare decade).

4:21pm
We reach the summit, snap a few pictures, and head down checking out the sunset along the short ridge. We have now seen sunsets from peaks 4 out of the last 6 days. Life is good!

5:14pm
We are back at our vehicles after taking one of the ski trails half the way down in the dark. It had some slick icy sections and she beats me, because I fell 3 times and she only fell twice. We saw no other hikers on this one.

27 down, 21 to go...

Frodo and Stinkyfeet

By the way, if anyone wants to join us for part/or all of our Pemi hike tomorrow, just swing by the Zealand PL on Rt 302 at 6:45am.

On the 2nd, we are planning on doing the Hancocks and Osceola's. If anyone wants to join us, meet us at the Dunkin Doughnuts next to the McDonalds in Lincoln at 6am.

Happy New Year!
:)

Last edited:
While waiting for tonite's report I have been re-reading the wild miles.

Frodo says:
we have a few laughs talking about being teenagers in the 80's (what a bizzare decade).

That explains why I'm not doing this. :D