Mansfield in winter

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Louis

Reaction score
Anyone did Mansfield in winter lately from underhill? Is the parking open? I guess the crowds must stay away in winter!
thanks in advance for any info on that

Check out my post from a couple weeks back.

Mansfield attempt

We did Mansfield from the LT and fell short in really tough snow conditions. The temps were awfull, too, but we were able to deal with that. Snow? Well, it's tough to do anything about THAT when it's waist high and still comin' down!

mansfield attempt

ouhhh!! challenging!
thanks for your reply.... good trail description... we will do it with consideration for our safety..and respect for the mountain...
by the way.. once again, if anybody wants to join... post here and we will discuss meeting hour and places...

Where are you starting on the Underhill side? Stevensville Rd is plowed to the parking area/trailhead. Underhill State Park is plowed to the park entrance.

Our plan is to go as far as the car can go on the underhill park road goes... walk and/or snowshoe on the ccc roadand then go up maple ridge trail ..go to the chin and down by sunset ridge... I,ve done it in summer and late autumn but should be a bit different in winter (crampons probably a must)

Sunset Ridge from Underhill is one of the winter hikes in the Green Mountains. I am not sure how far you can get up the road at this point but the walk will be well worth it. I think an extra mile at most :)

thank you all for your answers so far..can't wait for the week-end (like every week)