Northeast 115 4000' peaks

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Herrmann

Reaction score
Fellow Hikers,
I wish to complete the 115 northeast 4000' peaks in winter. Anyone that can offer any info on how to register, who to write to, etc. I have completed 70 of the peaks and figure I might finish the others. Thanks for your help.
Steve

Well past my mark!

Steve

Between our dawn and dusk
There is more than the travail
How arcane the other’s lists
Share your own experience
With your self, your ego and
The rest of whom you love
Let the silly pages of others self
Achievement find their own
Self worth with out your efforts
As you will find your own 115
As you have found and enjoyed
Your previous 70
Happy Trails

Michael CM

I didn't think that the 111ers had a distinct award for doing the peaks in winter.

Write to:

Priscilla S. Robertson
329 Village Street
Medway, MA 02053-1640

And yes, there is a separate distinction for Winter 111ers.

Last edited:
Mark S...

What is the distinction??? Different Certificate, patch???

I guess that's what they call being deliberately vague. Every year, the 111ers publish a roster of climbers, which is a nifty little booklet that lists your name, hometown, date finishing the 46Rs, New England 4K footers, WM 4K footers, Slide and Hunter. There is a separate list within the booklet for Winter completers. In the April 1998 edition I received after finishing the all-season 111ers, there were 26 winter finishers. But I'm not a winter completer. So .... I don't know if there's a different patch or certificate since I don't have them. I assume so. All I can say for sure in my long-winded answer to your simple question is what I said at first. Namely, there is a separate distinction. :D

Thanks for the info Mark. I would think that if there was a different patch/certificate there would be a different application. That's interesting about the roster of climbers, didn't know about that. You are quite correct in that there is certainly a distinction.

>>It is a 4,000 footer in Quebec, hence definitely part of the "Northeast".<<

but part of the northeast what???

mt. j.c. is not part of the northeast united states?
it could probably be considered part of northeast north america (but then the 111/115 would be considered some of southeast north america's 4000 footers)
if you want to consider mt. j.c. part of northeast north america you have to include the "torngats" which rise to over 5000 feet in labrador along with j.c.

jacques cartier is a nice mountain once you get away from all the "tourists" - go climb it - the parc de la gaspe is worth the trip

so that is a good question... why do they ask... (and why do the 46er's ask about 3982' macnaughton?) neither count for any list - i guess they are just curious