Wet & Sweaty Feet

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Drysol I use is a liquid and you need to use it before hiking not the day of. I apply it to my feet, wrap my feet in saran wrap and wear white sox over the wrap. (Ok, not an attractive sight. When I did this recently, my BF was like what the hell...) I do this at bedtime 2-3 times a week for 2 weeks before the hike. After that, I can usually get away with a once a week maintenance application during the winter hiking season. My feet absolutely do not sweat with this method. In the past, my sox and boots would be saturated with sweat and of course my feet would be freezing. The bottoms of your feet will get very dry so I will use a moisturizer on the feet during the day to keep them from becoming too rough. Regular deodorant didn't work for me. In the summer, I use bodyglide on my feet. It does not prevent sweating but it does prevent chafing and blisters.

I am not sure if its used on the feet but for folks with excessively sweaty underarms for whom Drysol does not work, Botox injections usually work.