Adirondack Bear Vault® alert

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teejay

Reaction score
The Beautiful Finger Lakes; Avatar: 4 Hrs. up, 4
The owners of Bear Vault®are offering an upgraded lid for the BV 350/400 that they hope will thwart the bear at Marcy Dam that has figured out how to open them. Right now it appears that only one bear in the area has learned how to open them, but it's only a matter of time before others learn.

http://www.adkhighpeaks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29

teejay

You know, I was wondering about this statement,

If the field testing is successful, this new lid will then be offered to all BearVault owners who hike in the Marcy Dam area of the Adirondacks. If you don’t hike there, your current model is just fine as only at this location has there been any problems with BearVaults.

Personally, if I owned a BearVault and used it *anywhere* I would want the improved lid.

una_dogger said:
Personally, if I owned a BearVault and used it *anywhere* I would want the improved lid.

Well that is just being unreasonable. :rolleyes: :p :D

I agree. You know how it goes. That bear tells two bears and they each tell two more bears etc. Before you know it all the freaking bears are opening those containers. ;) :D

I'm not kidding about wanting the upgrade also. What one bear can figure out I'm sure others can. I really would want an upgrade also if I owned one.
Keith