Frizzle My Nizzle

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

percious

Reaction score
Ok, So this weekend a friend and I decided to get the Highpointer for CT. Two hours of backroads later, we were tired of driving, and decided to pull over at the next trail head and start hiking. This turned out to be a quick 3 mile hike up Bear Mountain. And since Frizzle was only a couple of miles away, we figured we would just grab that while we were at it. We were wrong.

Coming down the north side of Bear, we knew the trail for frizzle was off to the left. We ended up in a beautiful ravine with many swimming holes, but no trail to frizzle. We soon stomped our way into Mass, and soon after found an unmarked trail to the left. We figured this must be the trail. We were wrong.

We hiked for a few miles along this pleasant fern laiden fire road, eyes pealed for dears. After we realized it was not going up anymore, we turned back. We hiked back up and over bear and back to the parking lot. All and all probably about 12 miles, in 6 hours.

When we got back to the car, we looked at the map (duh for not bringing it) and noticed that the trail to frizzle was a left turn before the ravine. So we are still uncertain how to get to frizzle from bear, but still had a lot of fun exploring. Has anyone hiked this?

We hiked up Frissell last October but from the West. We also found many trails/old roads that were not on the map that led to some confussion. Here is a link to a good online map

map

Ok, looking at the maps you guys gave me (thanks guys) I have reconstructed where we went. And yes, we travelled a couple of miles in the wrong direction. Had we a good map and a compass, we would have found Frissel (Frizzle) no problem. Oh well. Here is a track of where we went. Ha ha we totally went the wrong way. Has anyone taken the Bee-Line trail? I want to try it.

bear.gif

-percious