Pemi Record Falls!Congratulations Farmer!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sasquatch

Reaction score
After much suffering,training and perserverance Ryan has raised the bar a notch:7:05:32. This is a tremendous personal accomplishment and milestone, and only the begining.
After spending the night camped off the Hancock Notch trail, we knew good omens were abundant when at Lincoln Woods we spotted a bumper sticker on a Subaru that read"I Love My Farmer".Quickly down to White Mtn Bagel Co where Ryan bought his support crew breakfast.Back to LW where we made the preparations for the day ,blaring Bob Marley and Pantera while we got ready and generally causing a disturbance to all in the vicinity.But it was necessary as this was no ordinary hike!Quick video of the bridge crossing then I went off to the Skookumchuck trailhead to hike up to Lafayette and provide support.
I arrived in the alpine zone to glorious views and weather,I knew Ryan would be having ideal conditions to start.A few quick phone calls to confirm pace,right on schedule.I spent 2 plus hours on Lafayette(not too many people) and the weather began to turn.Clouds rolled in as Ryan gained the summit,saying he felt good.Quick refuel and resupply and we were off,he even donated a Clif bar to an unsuspecting hiker.Down from Lafayette and across the ridge we ran.I lost sight of him on the climb up Flume, he was really pushing now,the record dead in his sights.I made it to LW shortly after and learned of his time.Congratulations brother!

Big props for that effort!

Sas, it was smart to trade in Jason for a faster model!;)

I found myself wondering about this a few times today. Neat stuff :cool:
Woo Hoo ~
Oh looky.. a little snow in the Whites and look who comes out of hiding! I looked, last post March..with those kinds of tendencies you'll end up with a nickname like Frosty or somethin'.:p

Can I re-state that this is smokin'!

You should have started this out with a line like; Ok, so a Sasquatch a Farmer and Bob Marley walk into a bagel shop...

Last edited:
Awesome Farmer! Great great stuff! Talent and hard work goes a long way.....unreal!

It was all because of the training we did the previous weekend I'm sure :D

Congratulations Farmer!! Now there won't be any further dispute about is it 7:15 or 7:25 because now the record stands at 7:05!! Let the games begin for the breaking of the 7 hour barrier!

-Dr. Wu

For the neophytes, how many miles and what is the route?

31.5 miles... lots of info here

Congratulations Ryan! You totally rocked it. Amazing. I'm so glad I was able to meet up with you guys at Lincoln Woods to celebrate... :cool:

Dayum.jpg

What JDub said ...

On a separate note, PBakwin has already been informed.
I'm hoping to see some confirmation from Farmer before updating my own page.

---DAve

Congratulations, indeed!! That there is a reeeeeal fast time for the Pemi Loop. Hut traverse next?? :D

(Thread drift...)

Nice to see that somebody contacted the FKT (fastest known time) sitemaster. Peter is a running friend of mine from Boulder who incidentally just set the car-to-car FKT on Gannett Peak, WY's high point. (I did the 3-day plan.) A couple of months ago I told Peter what I know about White Mtn. FKTs, including hut traverses, 48 records, etc. If anyone knows anything more, be sure to contact him. It's great to see the White Mtn. stuff up on the site!