NH48 Winter Record Attempt 1/16/10 -

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mats Roing

Reaction score
OK folks, here we go again :)

Jason Ferris, Ryan Weltz (Farmer) and I are giving it a go starting Saturday 1/16.

9days 20hrs and 24 min is the current record by Tim Seaver and Cath Goodwin: (http://www.vftt.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11828)

If weather permits we start with a pressie traverse on Saturday 1/16. If that doesn't work we start with Isolation and then Wildcat-Moriah traverse. More than that we won't predict at this point. If we start at 6am on 1/16 we have until Tuesday morning 1/26 at 2:23am to break it if my mathematic works.

We have a ground crew helping with driving and food cooking so we are a bit spoiled that way :D

Bascecamp will be in Randolph the first two days and then we move to a cottage in Twin Mountain for the remainder of the days.

There is wireless internet there so we plan to do som updates on VFTT as time goes by.

We will have a tracking device so you guys can see where we are occasionally.

http://www.instamapper.com/
username: matsroing
password: hiking

Now we'll have to wait and see what the weather and the mountains have in mind for us......:rolleyes:

Woo hoo! Sending good vibes from the land of fruit 'n nuts.
:D:D:D

don't you have anything better to do, mats? like a quadruple traverse of the bonds or something? oh wait, you already did that.

OK folks, here we go again :)

Jason Ferris, Ryan Weltz (Farmer) and I are giving it a go starting Saturday 1/16.

Mats, Jason, and Ryan,

Good luck to all three of you.

Weather permitting we'll be wandering around the Northern Presidentials on 1/16 and hopefully will see you on your way through. I assume since the forecast is calling for a northwest wind you'll hike from Appalachia and have the breeze on your backs. Are you planning a north-south traverse?

We'll be watching for you.

Once again, good luck.

:)

Last edited:
Shake n Bake brothers!!!!

I know you guys will do it. Still can't find snowshoes for the crutches.:mad:

In the US, the saying is

"The third time is the charm"

In the UK, the phrase is "third time lucky"

(Perhaps Mats can fill us in on any Swedish equivalents) :D

In any case...best of luck to you and your team, and may the power of 3 be with you!

I wish you the best. It will be a blast to follow your adventure. Hope you have fun, and a nice tailwind the entire time!

Mats -

Good luck, I will come back to your post as I would love to join your group for a day to break some trail.

Hoping for co-operative weather for you guys!!!

Good luck and Shake n Bake!!!

I'll be up there somewhere on the trails..maybe bump inot you as you fly by....:D