NH48 Winter Record Attempt 1/16/10 -

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weather is looking very promising although Washington might have strong winds to begin with so Isolation and Wildcats-Moriah seems to be the more likely starting day right now.

Farmer is stomping out Owl's Head today......and our thoughts are with the people of Haiti.......

We are trying to figure out if the three of us can fit in one car tomorrow afternoon for the drive up. Most of my stuff is already up there and most of Jason's stuff is going in Gillian's car so I think we might have a chance.

Some things I'm bringing:
* 16 pairs of gloves
* 4 pairs of winter boots
* 3 backpacks (racepack- 300 c.i.), Osprey Atmos 35 and 50
* 3 pairs of snowshoes
* about 30 pairs of socks
* 2 pairs of skis (special Kahtola compatible short (78cm) skis and skate skis)
* One tent (Black Diamond Lighthouse) for emergency overnight
* 30-35 long and short sleeved baselayer shirts
* 6 pairs of tights and long johns
* 8 waterbottles with insulators
* Food and Beverage thermoses
* One Team Shake and Bake T-shirt

is your gear fleece or wool?

best o' luck to you and the team

Not enough shirts or socks Mats.

Maybe you need a few more pairs of gloves too.

the fun is about to begin. looking forward to seeing friends and meeting new folks on the trails this week. Shake and Bake!!!!!!!!

Some of us we'll be on Isolation tomorrow via Rocky Branch so we'll have the trail all packed down for ya...it already is thanks to others before us... :) Maybe we'll see you on the trail!

We will probably pack the trail for you guys since we will start earlier.....but we'll see you on the trail unless forecast for the pressies improves dramatically tonight.

It's shake and bake time!

Some of us we'll be on Isolation tomorrow via Rocky Branch so we'll have the trail all packed down for ya...it already is thanks to others before us... :) Maybe we'll see you on the trail!

It looks like at least three groups are headed for Isolation via Rocky Branch tomorrow.

Make lots of noise on your way through so we can all get out of your way.

Good luck to all three of you.

:D

Good Luck and Shake and Bake boys!!!!!! Go out there and git 'er done.:cool:

I may or may not see ya'll out there this weekend. Sounds like you got the majority of the logistics covered for the first few days. Thinkin' about you guys no matter what though. :D:D:D:D

Good luck guys! I'll wave to you from the ski slopes of Wildcat. Looks like you'll have good weather... It's positively balmy in Pinkham Notch this evening :)

Team Shake and Bake

:p
The Team is poised, the skis are sharpened, sleds are waxed,the Coconut water is chilled and the Mini Keg packed.
Helicopter fueled and dropzones packed out.

Isolation

While I crawled to Isolation and back these guys had already been there and still stopped to say "Hi" as they were running by heading to Wildcats and a Carter/Moriah Traverse.

While I'm nursing my crippled body tomorrow they'll be heading out for more.

I'm not quite sure they're human. Even Emma was impressed!

You guys rock! Rock on! Shake and Bake!

KDT

Ok...team shake and bake is off to a wicked good start!

They started off with Isolation at 6:20 and finished in under 4 1/2 hours.

After that they headed over to the Wildcats-Carters-Moriah. Started sometime around 11:30 and were back at Altopia by 9:30 or so. Total hiking time for day one 15 hours 28 min.

Right now they are heading to the Pressis for a some shake and bake above treeline hiking....wicked awesome!

-MEB

Good work on Day 1, guys. Good luck on the Presi's on Day 2. With 15 peaks under your belts after two days, you will be looking fine. Hope to catch up with you around mid-week when I return from NZ. Cheers, Dr. D.

pressie traverse complete!!!!! 12 hr 23 min 49 seconds

made it from pierce to jackson. but good luck navigating the labrynth of "trails"

team in good spirits and feeling strong. In bed by 10

Shake and Bake!!!