Skier Rescued on Washington (Ammo)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't wait to read the comments on this story from the UL readers!

I've almost stopped reading UL reader comments. What I've concluded about most comments, not only in the UL but other newspapers, too, is that it is their best form of social networking for those commentators. They don't have a site like VFTT to post to, to have their ideas and opinions viewed with the give and take we here learn a lot from. It seems it's often the same people there who make comments about things they don't really understand and are out of their realm. I'm glad they don't post here, and I'm glad we don't have to post there, although sometimes I wish we would all bombard them with our hiker-supportive viewpoints!

Last edited:
Here's a thread on TGR (warning, a bit more rough and tumble than VFTT) with some of the participants in the rescue. The person hurt is a poster there, so the information is solid.

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168641&page=253

TC is at Mary Hitchcock and getting needed surgery. Broken femur and other knee related injuries, many operations to follow. He is a very experienced and thorough backcountry skier, but sometimes crap like this happens. Here's to a speedy and full recovery.

Geez, I wish him well. Probably a long recovery ahead for him.
I read some of the comments in the UL. It seems that passing judgement is a way of life for those posters.
It could have been any of us up there, (well, not me, I'm presently re-learning to walk after a knee replacement).
I'm glad he is going to be OK.

Can't wait to read the comments on this story from the UL readers!

I've almost stopped reading UL reader comments. What I've concluded about most comments, not only in the UL but other newspapers, too, is that it is their best form of social networking for those commentators. They don't have a site like VFTT to post to, to have their ideas and opinions viewed with the give and take we here learn a lot from. It seems it's often the same people there who make comments about things they don't really understand and are out of their realm. I'm glad they don't post here, and I'm glad we don't have to post there, although sometimes I wish we would all bombard them with our hiker-supportive viewpoints!

Nothing is as bad as YouTube.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2ur5g6s.png Language Warning, I'm not responsible for you getting fired!

This is a pretty tragic incident. An apparent boot failure led to the skier coming out of both his bindings. The subsequent fall led to the following injuries, in the words of the victim:

"The injuries are as follows: torn every ligament and tendon in my right knee
broke my femur in 2 pieces right into my knee cap
shattered my knee cap in 3 pieces"

(Source)

Hopefully, he'll be able to walk, and even ski, again.