Northeast’s Fastest Known Times

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm - wonder if Tim is referring to the same person we know that will be making an attempt on the near future?

When the Fitch brothers did the unsupported 48 (46 at the time) they were only 17 and 15 years old!

Andrew "Trail Dog" Thompson is one of only 16 people who have ever completed the Barkley Marathons (100 miles - over 50,000 feet of elevation gain) under the 60 hour cutoff!

I don't know if anyone has attempted it with just a bike, or multiple bikes.

If one were allowed only the support of a crew of one or more people spotting one's bike from place to place, so long as one covered all distance under her or his own power, it would be interesting to see what time one could make. It would take me a year or thereabouts. :D

The unsupported record for the 48 (just hiking, no bikes at all) is 10 days 14 hours by Mats Roing.

The Fitch brothers did the 46 (at the time) 4000'ers with one car and a bike to handle getting back to it in 6 days 15 hours 30 minutes.

Any chance you or 'loser' could update the first post, so we don't have to wade thru an ever lengthening list to find ever shorter times? :D

The unsupported record for the 48 (just hiking, no bikes at all) is 10 days 14 hours by Mats Roing.

The Fitch brothers did the 46 (at the time) 4000'ers with one car and a bike to handle getting back to it in 6 days 15 hours 30 minutes.

Any chance you or 'loser' could update the first post, so we don't have to wade thru an ever lengthening list to find ever shorter times? :D

The first post in this thread is now over 3 years old.

Jason, another amazing record, the Catskill 35 were just done in

57 HOURS and 16 MINUTES

by Mike Siudy.

The previous record was

a) supported
b) summit to summit
c) about 6 hours longer

Mike's run was:

[removed unsupported]
b) trailhead to trailhead
c) FASTER!!!

Please update the first post!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Seen on Facebook:

Leah Haynes Lawry
August 21 at 7:48 AM ·
10 days (9 days, 23 hrs, 57mins to be exact), 67/67 summits, 300 miles, and a new Fastest Known Time!! I started the final day at 7:30 a.m. with Tecumseh, then drove to VT and was heading up Mansfield at 1:20 p.m., next was Camels Hump at 5:30 p.m., then Ellen and Abraham at 9:20 p.m., and finally Killington this morning at 4:30 a.m. for sunrise. Peter and Jason joined me for the final hike, and after some quick photos on the summit we ran all the way down cause I really wanted to finish in under 10 hours. Jason's going to have to work hard to get the record back!

Tim

Jason Beaupre just finished the W48 in 6 days 20 hours and 4 minutes, bettering the old record by 20 hours and 3 minutes!!!