Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 VFTT Stickers and Patches

The Beautiful Finger Lakes; Avatar: 4 Hrs. up, 48 yrs. down. TAJ is history.

Thumbs up 2011 VFTT Stickers and Patches

Please read this post completely!!!!

New VFTT patches and stickers have been ordered and are expected to be ready for mailing in about 4 weeks or so. (I'm completely at the mercy of the supplier.) Time to scrape up a few bucks and start sending in your orders now. The cost for stickers is $ 0.75 each and patches are $2.50 each. Copy, print out and complete the order form attached to this thread. Hopefully, everything will be explained by reading this post and the order form. In order to keep costs low, I will not be accepting Paypal.

I'll have good supply of these. But, once they're gone, they're gone, so get your orders in as soon as possible. I'll send them out in the order that they're received.

The stickers will be 3" high by 4 1/2 " wide with a rear adhesive. The patches will be 2" high by 3" wide with an iron-on adhesive.

Once the stickers and patches have been received, I'll post here and start sending them out. But don't wait, first in, first out.

These are being offered at very near their actual cost and I'm not raising any money for any charity, including Darren's favorite, The Brain Tumor Society. Of course, you're free to support TBTS or any other charity you wish but any donations should go directly to the charity. I am NOT a 501(c)3.

If anyone has any questions of a general nature that haven't been answered here or on the order form, feel free to post them on this thread. Any other questions or comments should be sent to my gmail account, teejaydk4 at gmail dot com. Please don't PM or email to my VFTT address.

Lastly, all credit should go to Peakbagr (Alan) who has done all the legwork on this; locating the supplier, negotiating prices and working out most of the details. Thanks Alan.

teejay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

VFTT Stickers and Patches Order Form

Name:_________________________ email:________________

Address:_______________________ VFTT Name:__________

Stickers: #Ordered_______@$0.75/sticker______.____

Patches: #Ordered_______@$2.50/patch ______.____

Shipping, for Canadian orders only: $1.00 ______.____

TOTAL, enclose this amount: ______.____

Send this completed order form, with a self-addressed stamped envelope (US
    orders only) and payment by cash, check or money order to:

Tom Jenks
    P. O. Box 114
    Elbridge, NY 13060-0114
    USA
    What, me hurry?

Thumbs up

Members have been asking for stickers and patches and they'll be here soon.
    As TeeJay mentioned, once they're gone they're gone, at least for quite a while.

Since we are not registered as a non profit, VFTT cannot donate a portion of the sales to the Brain Tumor Society, a favorite charity of ours. Should you have it in your heart to do so, we would certainly be grateful if anyone decided to send them a donation.

On a separate note, Teejay will be posting a separate notice about VFTT hats and performance Tshirts. Final details being worked on.
    When you get a chance, be sure you say thanks to him - he's going to be doing all the heavy lifting with the orders for all the stuff and is fronting the stickers and patches out of his own pocket.
    "The fact that going off the deep end appears
    to be a requisite to doing anything of consequence
    in this life has not escaped me." Jim Harrison

Can you weigh the stickers and patches and figure out how many of each for each stamp? If I wanted 2 patches, for example, does that still fit in a one-stamp SASE?

Tim
    Bike, Hike, Ski, Sleep. Eat, Fish, Repeat.

Good question, Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by bikehikeskifish View Post
    Can you weigh the stickers and patches and figure out how many of each for each stamp? If I wanted 2 patches, for example, does that still fit in a one-stamp SASE?
    The last time I mailed stickers, five would fly for one first class stamp. More than that would require paying for an extra ounce ($0.17). The one patch I have weighs about twice as much as a sticker. But, the short answer is this: Don't worry about it. The longer answer: Just include one legibly self-addressed, first class-stamped envelope. Based on the orders I received last time, there is just enough "mark-up in the price that if you have a large order, say 20 stickers and 10 patches, I'll have enough to cover the extra postage or a larger envelope if necessary. This just keeps things as simple and fair as possible.

Canadians please note: Just include $1.00 for your orders regardless of size (see the order form). No need for a US stamp. Also, my experience is that your mail to/from the US is sloooow!! Eight to ten days each way compared to two or three days each way for domestic US letters. Take this into account.

teejay
    Last edited by teejay; 03-06-2011 at 09:38 AM.
    What, me hurry?

Tillson, New York Avatar: Dress for success!
    I know cash is easier but I've been the victim of cash disappearing in the mail.
    Tom Rankin
    Volunteer Balsam Lake Mountain
    Past President Catskill 3500 Club
    CEO
    Trail maintainer for the Dry Brook Ridge trail from Mill Brook Road to just past the Lean-to

To keep the thread compact and a source for members with questions, Teejay and I are asking to avoid, 'my check is in the mail' posts. Deleting some, including mine to keep the thread useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Rankin View Post
    I know cash is easier but I've been the victim of cash disappearing in the mail.
    I know you always see "Don't send cash" when you're paying a bill. AFAIK, no one who sent cash last time didn't receive their stickers or I would have heard about it. I have a lot more faith in the reliability of the USPS based on my experience than I do someone in a faraway mail room sorting the company's mail.

Another Canadian note: Please try to scrounge up some US paper money. It's safer to send than a pile of twonies in a paper envelope that could get damaged in handling. Oh, and if you are paying with Canadian paper money, I'll take it at par.

teejay
    What, me hurry?

Receipts

Since it will still be a while before I start shipping the stickers and patches, I will be sending a quick email receipt when I receive payments. Also, checks will be cashed within a few days after they're received. It's better to do it this way so that no one is left wondering if their order was eaten by the postal bogieman.

teejay
    What, me hurry?

Just keeping the thread fresh. TeeJay says the checks for stickers and patches are pouring in. Want to be sure all the folks who've been asking about these don't miss out.

Receipts

I'm trying to send a short receipt to everyone when I receive their orders. If you don't receive one 4 or 5 days after you've sent your order, let me know by email. I may have missed a few.

teejay
    What, me hurry?

Stickers have arrived

The stickers came late this afternoon. I'll be sending them out to those who ordered only them. Patches are scheduled for production but are not ready yet.

Look for pre-ordering details for hats and shirts, coming soon.

teejay
    What, me hurry?

Rockburn, Quebec, Canada living in an old (1830) one room school house just north of the NYS border on the last escarpment of the Dacks.
    i hope I'm not too late. I'll post 1 USD from my US address to-morrow.

Doug

Update

So far, orders for the stickers have been a bit slow, especially compared to the last time I did this. Where did everyone go who had to have them? Patch sales have been hot, though. So, keep those orders coming in.

I expect to receive the patches within a few days when I can start sending everything out.

teejay
    What, me hurry?

Rockburn, Quebec, Canada living in an old (1830) one room school house just north of the NYS border on the last escarpment of the Dacks.
    Thanks for the receipt notice.

Doug

Got the sticker and it's on my ski box. Thanks again, Teejay.

Doug