Mt. Carrigain with a twist - 12/5/11

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DMOutdoors

Reaction score
(Oops Saturday Dec 3rd not 5th)
Since the Sawyer River Road is closed, my brother came up with the idea that we could mountain bike in to the Signal Ridge Trail on our way to Carrigain on Saturday. This turned out to be a lot of fun.

We started up the road, slowly, as it was tougher on the way in then we expected, but we were just getting warmed up on this chilly morning. (The ride out was awesome!)

PC030015.JPG

Both crossings were pretty challenging and since temps didn't get up there on Saturday they were icy both times. Both required some scouting to find the best route without getting feet wet, although we were considering it.

PC030035.JPG

It was all worth the challenge as we enjoyed the ascent with teasing views on our way to the summit. This was number 41 in 2011 for my brother and the 78th time I've reached the summit of a NH 4000 footer in 2011:eek:

Looking west from the summit...
PC030082.JPG

Last edited:
Dan,

Great pics and trail report. The movies on your blog are great too! The brook crossings definitely look like they were tough. Thanks for sharing!

Karl