Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Questions, concerns and problems with the new vftt.org

a couple of things

I notice some Black on Blue fonts i.e. in Groups Uncategorized Snow Play

Default sort for the Snow Play social group has changed to ascending date so we don't see latest contribution right away. Instead we got to go to the last page of the conversation.
    Luck is where preparation meets opportunity.

iPad display is perfect now. That was fast! Droid (with Dolphin browser) is too. Much better mobile experience even with the full site. Nice!
    Mark

Going to the mountains is going home.
    - John Muir

Hiking photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/mtruman42
    Hiking Blog: http://theramblingsblog.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Brambor View Post

Default sort for the Snow Play social group has changed to ascending date so we don't see latest contribution right away. Instead we got to go to the last page of the conversation.
    I tried to see If I could change that being the Groups creator but no such luck I also cant figure out how to make a group icon avitar either.

Anyone been able to find the User Command Post? Can we still give greens?

Love how we can embed videos now!
    wm48 42/48
    nehh 45/100
    52wav 7/52

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Rankin View Post
    A nit, but the old board had a 'members' link on the front page. You can still get to it, but it takes 2 hops, one to 'yourself', and then to members.
    Community -> Member List
    May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

A nit, but the old board had a 'members' link on the front page. You can still get to it, but it takes 2 hops, one to 'yourself', and then to members.
    The member list is available fairly quickly from the |Forums| tab, and then Community -> Member List. I largely took the defaults from vBulletin, figuring that, as a UI developer myself, they had put a fair amount of effort into improving their UI. If you use the Mount Washington Observatory forums, you are already used to vBulletin 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Brambor View Post

There are some places where the font-on-backgrounds are not perfect. I will go through them over time. The forums and PMs look decent (IMO) and that was my goal.

Quote Originally Posted by mtruman View Post
    iPad display is perfect now. That was fast! Droid (with Dolphin browser) is too. Much better mobile experience even with the full site. Nice!
    I didn't do anything, so that is interesting. Maybe a proper mobile style sheet finally loaded? I am not yet a mobile or tablet user myself.

Quote Originally Posted by freighttrain48 View Post
    I tried to see If I could change that being the Groups creator but no such luck I also cant figure out how to make a group icon avitar either.

Anyone been able to find the User Command Post? Can we still give greens?

Love how we can embed videos now!
    Greenies are available via the little star below every post. You can view your greenies under "Settings" available at the top right of the page.

There are a handful of ways to find things - I didn't take anything away.

Tim
    Bike, Hike, Ski, Sleep. Eat, Fish, Repeat.

Nice job. Special thanks to Tim. Check is in the mail.
    Dead Last > Did Not Finish > Did Not Start

* ALL STANDARD DISCLAIMERS APPLY: IIRC. YRMV. IMHO. FWIW. HYOH. NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, ARE MADE
    THAT INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS POST IS ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR APPROPRIATE FOR ANY PARTICULAR SITUATION.

Quote Originally Posted by bikehikeskifish View Post
    There are some places where the font-on-backgrounds are not perfect. I will go through them over time. The forums and PMs look decent (IMO) and that was my goal.
    I fixed the dark-on-dark for "My Profile" and I think likewise for user groups. Brambor, can you confirm?

Tim

I fixed the dark-on-dark for "My Profile" and I think likewise for user groups. Brambor, can you confirm?

Tim
    The Font appears to by fine in the user groups how do we make it so the newest messages appear first like it used to? Being the groups creator I couldnt find a way myself to change it. Also it appears that you can change the group icon but I couldnt figure that out either
    wm48 42/48
    nehh 45/100
    52wav 7/52

Not yet:

Tim
    Luck is where preparation meets opportunity.

Iconicity!

We have no "favicon" for bookmarks, tabs, etc.

Tim, if you have an icon you want to use, just point me to it or email it to me, and I can create all the necessary formats and resolutions as well as provide you with the REL tags to put in the HEAD section so that mobile devices, web browsers, etc. can all pick it up, and the traditional favicon.ico to put in the server's DocumentRoot.
    May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJ View Post
    We have no "favicon" for bookmarks, tabs, etc.

Tim, if you have an icon you want to use, just point me to it or email it to me, and I can create all the necessary formats and resolutions as well as provide you with the REL tags to put in the HEAD section so that mobile devices, web browsers, etc. can all pick it up, and the traditional favicon.ico to put in the server's DocumentRoot.
    I have one. I forgot to set the board variable for favicon. I don't have access to the installation from work, so I will get to it tonight. It looks "right" on my computer because I had set it for the test site, and the browser is reusing the cached copy for now. That's why I missed it.

Incidentally, I am entirely in favor of artistic contributions from other members, like the favicon, or if you are an experienced vBulletin style creator, or the banner image (which is mine from Moosilauke this winter.) The banner image should be a view from the top of something, but it can be updated once per season and could be from the ADKs or CATs too - doesn't have to be from the Whites.

Tim
    Last edited by bikehikeskifish; 02-09-2012 at 12:09 PM.

Tim, wondered where the current banner came from...Really nice. We could even run a View from the Top contest for banner for a given period of time.
    I'm sure we have enough talented members who might assist with the appearance of the forums, skins, etc.
    "The fact that going off the deep end appears
    to be a requisite to doing anything of consequence
    in this life has not escaped me." Jim Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by Peakbagr View Post
    Tim, wondered where the current banner came from...Really nice. We could even run a View from the Top contest for banner for a given period of time.
    I'm sure we have enough talented members who might assist with the appearance of the forums, skins, etc.
    That is my photo, from the summit of Moosilauke. It is a long rectangular crop from this full-sized photo:

Tim

You can get the member list by clicking the drop down "Community" in the title bar.
    Reaching the summit is optional, getting down is mandatory. (Ed Viesturs)

Three-Season 4K: NH 4K Grid #69, ADK 46, NH 48 x 12, New England 67 X 3, and Northeast 115 X 2
    Winter 4K: ADK 46, NH 48 x 2, New England 67, and Northeast 115
    Others: CO 14ers 24/58, NEHH 96/100, Catskills 7/35, Saranac Lake Ultra 6, Lake George 12 Ultra, and Belknap 12 "Ultra"
    Trail Adopter: Caps Ridge Trail from Trailhead to Summit of Jefferson
    Organizer: Random Group of Hikers (www.meetup.com/rndmhkrs)

The calendar won't display 2012, it stops at Dec 2011. The current date is good so I'm not sure what would cause that.
    You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose. -- Dr. Seuss