Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Questions, concerns and problems with the new vftt.org

New forum format

I just wanted to say that the updated format looks a lot nicer and cleaner. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RoySwkr View Post
    * Colors of bars etc. seem much bolder and tend to drown out content - can they be dialed back down?
    Quote Originally Posted by roadtripper View Post
    Can I convince you guys to BOLD all thread topics? They need to stand out more within each of the forums.
    I think these are the flip side of the same point

At the bottom left of the page is the "Quick Style Chooser" or some such, if you change from VFTT to vbdefault you get a much less intrusive color. This is not saved with your login, it needs to be repeated every session.
    Last edited by RoySwkr; 02-11-2012 at 05:17 PM.

Links may remain to the old site, my bad. I didn't catch them all. At some point, I will back up the entire site, and fix the links in the process.

Tim
    Bike, Hike, Ski, Sleep. Eat, Fish, Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by David Metsky View Post
    The calendar won't display 2012, it stops at Dec 2011. The current date is good so I'm not sure what would cause that.
    This should be fixed. You can limit the calendar to a certain date range and it was set to 2006-2011.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by bikehikeskifish View Post
    Links may remain to the old site, my bad. I didn't catch them all. At some point, I will back up the entire site, and fix the links in the process.

Tim
    I believe the links are now fixed. Tom can you confirm? (the search index is being rebuilt in the background...)

Tim

Looks good, but...

I am bummed that my photo is no longer the banner...oh well.
    Miehoff

Quote Originally Posted by RoySwkr View Post
    I think these are the flip side of the same point

At the bottom right of the page is the "Quick Style Chooser" or some such, if you change from VFTT to vbdefault you get a much less intrusive color. This is not saved with your login, it needs to be repeated every session.
    You can go to Settings>General Settings>Forum Skin and should be able to make vbdefault the saved option so it shows up each time you visit.

Tim - overall I've found the transition very smooth. Thanks for your hard work!

Eastern Connecticut Avatar:I Like my Jeep
    Great job Tim. Thanks for the work. It does look great on the iPad.

I know I saw it somewhere, but I misplaced the location. Can I donate through paypal? I would love to donate but I'm usually not a check guy.

Thanks.
    Keith
    "The real work of men was hunting meat. The invention of agriculture was a giant step in the wrong direction, leading to serfdom, cities, and empire. From a race of hunters, artists, warriors, and tamers of horses, we degraded ourselves to what we are now: clerks, functionaries, laborers, entertainers, processors of information."- Ed Abbey

Great work Tim. Thanks for taking this on.

BikeHikeSkiFishWritecodeRepeat.
    Humankind has not woven the web of life.
    We are but one thread within it.
    Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves.
    All things are bound together.
    All things connect.
    ~ Chief Seattle, 1854 ~

Quote Originally Posted by chipc View Post
    ... Tim - overall I've found the transition very smooth. Thanks for your hard work!

Well, said! It always impresses me when I see someone perform a huge service in a humble, workmanship-like way. As Clapton said, a 'journeyman' piece of work! Thanks again.

Great work, Tim.

I tried playing with some of the new features, atleast I think it's new in the "Insert video" icon for posting. It lets you add the picture as well as a link into a post, the same as imbedding a picture. The thing that sucks is it is set at only "1" right now (normal default?). As in simply you can only imbed one per post. Can we up that to a more reasonable number like 5 or 6? You can see it in the report I posted I did one video imbed and the rest as links. Thanks
    Cory D
    “I don’t know if momma was right or if it’s Lieutenant Dan. I don’t know if we each have a destiny… or if we're all floating around accidental like.. on a breeze. But, I think… maybe it’s both… maybe both are happening at the same time.” –Forrest Gump.

Quote Originally Posted by ColdRiverRun View Post
    Great work, Tim.

I tried playing with some of the new features, atleast I think it's new in the "Insert video" icon for posting. It lets you add the picture as well as a link into a post, the same as imbedding a picture. The thing that sucks is it is set at only "1" right now (normal default?). As in simply you can only imbed one per post. Can we up that to a more reasonable number like 5 or 6? You can see it in the report I posted I did one video imbed and the rest as links. Thanks
    12 images and 6 videos. OK? If this proves to be a problem, I can put it back to 1.

Tim

Tillson, New York Avatar: Dress for success!
    Quote Originally Posted by bikehikeskifish View Post
    12 images and 6 videos. OK? If this proves to be a problem, I can put it back to 1.

Tim
    I see no problem with this, as long as the board is not hosting the content.
    Tom Rankin
    Volunteer Balsam Lake Mountain
    Past President Catskill 3500 Club
    CEO
    Trail maintainer for the Dry Brook Ridge trail from Mill Brook Road to just past the Lean-to

I'm having trouble marking all forums read.

Typically I check "What's New?" and after checking out what on the list I'm interested in, I go back to the main page and click on "Mark Forums Read" at the bottom. Sometimes it works. Sometimes I get this:

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid.
    If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

Thanx
    Pb

Papa Bear's NE Peaks Map
    Papa Bear's Hundred Highest List
    Papa Bear's Fifty Finest List

Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted. - Albert Einstein

Have you updated your bookmarks? What is your bookmarked URL and/or what do you enter in the browser's address bar? And what browser are you using?

You might try clearing the cookies and history for *.viewsfromthetop.com and *.vftt.org and beginning anew.

If you are using the browser's back button, you might try clicking the forums link at the tob (the tab) instead.

At one time, there were some reported bugs against vBulletin for this, but they claim they are all fixed.

Unfortunately, I don't have any better ideas for you at this time, but try the above and let us know,

Tim