Thread: New TV Show About "Maine State Game Wardens" on Animal Planet

Massassachusetts Avatar: It looks easy on the map...Lets Go!!

New TV Show About "Maine State Game Wardens" on Animal Planet

Has anyone caught the new "Animal Planet" show North Woods Law? It follows the Maine State Game Wardens doing their day to day stuff. You know, catching hunters doing stuff they shouldn't be doing, recusing moose from the famous Maine Mud Bogs, looking for overdue hikers, ATV'ers, & hunters, and stuff like that.. This weeks episode had a 20 minute segment on a SAR on the "Grafton Loop" last fall (might even be a VFFT person they were looking for. Who knows???).
    One of the better things on the boob tube.

See you on the trail....(Checking my make up for the TV cameras) .....Walker
    I couldn't understand why the baseball was getting bigger....Then it hit me!

I clicked into that episode in progress. What I saw looked pretty good. Anything that reminds me of hiking in northern New England is bound to hold my interest, and it did.

Quote Originally Posted by bjc View Post
    ....Anything that reminds me of hiking in northern New England is bound to hold my interest, and it did.
    Same here. That's why I got caught up on watching "American Loggers" on Discovery. I'll watch this show too. Thanks for the heads up on it.

Thanks for telling us. I saw of short segment and liked it but did not realize that it originates in ME. That makes it even more special!

Just saw an episode over the weekend. There was a segment on a trail adopter (a 3 mile segment of the Grafton Loop) who got lost in the woods. Happy ending; he walked out unhurt the next morning. Wonder if it was anyone from VFTT?

Pretty good show if you need a quick fix of backwoods.

Liked it.

I liked the first show and have the dvr set to record future shows.
    'Whatever wisdom I would find, I know, grows out of the land. I trust that, and that it would reveal itself in the presence of well-chosen companions.'
    B. Lopez

saw a few episodes this weekend;
    - I thought I heard wolves howling in one scene and thought I heard talk of wolf hunting.
    - there were so many commercials it rendered the show nearly unwatchable, though what I saw was well done/balanced.

Another peeve: A National Parks show on the Travel Channel repeatedly showed the Tetons during a segment on Yellowstone without crediting/mentioning the Tetons.
    Dead Last > Did Not Finish > Did Not Start

* ALL STANDARD DISCLAIMERS APPLY: IIRC. YRMV. IMHO. FWIW. HYOH. NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, ARE MADE
    THAT INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS POST IS ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR APPROPRIATE FOR ANY PARTICULAR SITUATION.

Have seen one set in the mts, but the lowlands seem to have their share of illegal hunters and DUIs.

I've seen a couple of episodes. Not bad. I prefer real reality, instead of what's shown on TV, but this is one of the better ones I'd say (probably due to being so close to home and the subject matter).
    NH Tramper's Blog | Peakbagging Lists
    Trail Adopter: Valley Way (Scar Trail to Gulfside) - [Report Trail Conditions]

What I like about this show was in watching just a couple of episodes I noticed that the Maine Wardens came across more people that follow the law/rules than Wild Justice displays (CA). Of course though, the exciting entertainment is watching them go after the bad guys though...but I happened to notice that. It was one of the episodes I was watching, I thought to myself, HA, another guy obeying the law!
    Dan
    My Blog / DMOutdoors - Facebook Page / DMOutdoors - Twitter Page
    NH4K 48/48 (x5) / NH4K Winter: 48/48 / NE4K: 67/67 / NE4K Winter: 67/67 / NH48x12: 292/576 / W48in1x2 / W67in1: '13-'14

I've seen a few episodes now and what's really standing out is how badly the wardens want to bust people. It's losing its appeal for me somewhat, I was hoping to see more mountain and wilderness scenery. It is about law enforecement, though, so I don't have much of a complaint. The audience would probably be limited, but I'm waiting for someone to launch a hiking reality show.

Quote Originally Posted by bjc View Post
    [...] I'm waiting for someone to launch a hiking reality show.
    Indeed. An epic about someone hiking the 48 in NH would hold my interest
    NH Tramper's Blog | Peakbagging Lists
    Trail Adopter: Valley Way (Scar Trail to Gulfside) - [Report Trail Conditions]

Quote Originally Posted by NH Tramper View Post
    Indeed. An epic about someone hiking the 48 in NH would hold my interest
    You took the words right from my fingers Tramper, but sign me up!
    Dan
    My Blog / DMOutdoors - Facebook Page / DMOutdoors - Twitter Page
    NH4K 48/48 (x5) / NH4K Winter: 48/48 / NE4K: 67/67 / NE4K Winter: 67/67 / NH48x12: 292/576 / W48in1x2 / W67in1: '13-'14

The TiVo is programmed - thanks for the heads-up on this show!

I have to admit, this is one great photo:
    http://animal.discovery.com/tv/north...ctures-06.html
    May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJ View Post
    The TiVo is programmed - thanks for the heads-up on this show!

I have to admit, this is one great photo:
    http://animal.discovery.com/tv/north...ctures-06.html
    I wonder if Puck would give us extra credit at The Bird Count if we took any of these pics; http://blogs.discovery.com/daily_tre...imal+Planet%29
    Dead Last > Did Not Finish > Did Not Start

* ALL STANDARD DISCLAIMERS APPLY: IIRC. YRMV. IMHO. FWIW. HYOH. NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, ARE MADE
    THAT INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS POST IS ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR APPROPRIATE FOR ANY PARTICULAR SITUATION.