New TV Show About "Maine State Game Wardens" on Animal Planet

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walker

Reaction score
Massassachusetts Avatar: It looks easy on t
Has anyone caught the new "Animal Planet" show North Woods Law? It follows the Maine State Game Wardens doing their day to day stuff. You know, catching hunters doing stuff they shouldn't be doing, recusing moose from the famous Maine Mud Bogs, looking for overdue hikers, ATV'ers, & hunters, and stuff like that.. This weeks episode had a 20 minute segment on a SAR on the "Grafton Loop" last fall (might even be a VFFT person they were looking for. Who knows???).
One of the better things on the boob tube.

See you on the trail....(Checking my make up for the TV cameras) ;).....Walker

I clicked into that episode in progress. What I saw looked pretty good. Anything that reminds me of hiking in northern New England is bound to hold my interest, and it did.

....Anything that reminds me of hiking in northern New England is bound to hold my interest, and it did.

Same here. That's why I got caught up on watching "American Loggers" on Discovery. I'll watch this show too. Thanks for the heads up on it.

Thanks for telling us. I saw of short segment and liked it but did not realize that it originates in ME. That makes it even more special!:)

Just saw an episode over the weekend. There was a segment on a trail adopter (a 3 mile segment of the Grafton Loop) who got lost in the woods. Happy ending; he walked out unhurt the next morning. Wonder if it was anyone from VFTT?

Pretty good show if you need a quick fix of backwoods.

Liked it.

I liked the first show and have the dvr set to record future shows.

saw a few episodes this weekend;
- I thought I heard wolves howling in one scene and thought I heard talk of wolf hunting.
- there were so many commercials it rendered the show nearly unwatchable, though what I saw was well done/balanced.

Another peeve: A National Parks show on the Travel Channel repeatedly showed the Tetons during a segment on Yellowstone without crediting/mentioning the Tetons.

Have seen one set in the mts, but the lowlands seem to have their share of illegal hunters and DUIs.

I've seen a couple of episodes. Not bad. I prefer real reality, instead of what's shown on TV, but this is one of the better ones I'd say (probably due to being so close to home and the subject matter).

What I like about this show was in watching just a couple of episodes I noticed that the Maine Wardens came across more people that follow the law/rules than Wild Justice displays (CA). Of course though, the exciting entertainment is watching them go after the bad guys though...but I happened to notice that. It was one of the episodes I was watching, I thought to myself, HA, another guy obeying the law!

I've seen a few episodes now and what's really standing out is how badly the wardens want to bust people. It's losing its appeal for me somewhat, I was hoping to see more mountain and wilderness scenery. It is about law enforecement, though, so I don't have much of a complaint. The audience would probably be limited, but I'm waiting for someone to launch a hiking reality show. :cool: