Lost and Found Rules -PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bikehikeskifish

VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
Please use this forum for reporting lost or found items. Like the trail conditions, replies are automatically disabled and anonymous posts will need approval by the moderators.

Please put the item, location and state in the title. If you are a finder, you might keep the description minimal and ask for a precise description before returning it. It is probably advisable to use caution if you do not know the responding party - best to use the package delivery service of your choice, or meet in a very public place. You should include contact information, and probably not just your VFTT username as non-members can't do much with that.

For example:

Title: Lost snowshoes on Jewell Trail (NH)

I lost my MSR Denali Ascents somewhere on the Jewell Trail (NH), near the campsite, on February 34th, 2139. If found please contact me at [email protected], or 1-800-555-1212.

Title: Found GPS on Zealciff Trail (NH)

I found a GPS on the Zeacliff Trail (NH) on February 34, 2139. Please contact me at ... with a description of the item and we can arrange a way to get it back to you.

Tim

Last edited by a moderator:
Posters, please help the moderators and readers of the Lost and Found forum and list the item, location and state in the title. It makes your posts less effective otherwise.

*BUMP*

There have been a handful of lost and/or found posts recently that I have deleted simply because they conveyed no useful information. If you "lost my camera at Lincoln Woods", you should put detailed contact information in the post - I've seen them without a name, and with a name, but without a phone number or e-mail address. If you are a board member, remember that non-members cannot use private messaging to reach you, so leave a phone number or e-mail.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.