Mt. Potash with Rachel, Erica and grandparents

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Umsaskis

Reaction score
A fun little trip - funny how you get just as exhausted after a short hike with little kids, as you would after a long hike by yourself! The absence of other children to hike with, coupled with the somewhat rocky/rooty trail and some bug bites necessitated some impromptu story-telling to coax Rachel (age 5) along a couple of times, but overall she did very well. Many thanks to my 69-year-old parents for bearing the brunt of the hand-holding in many places made slippery by the recent rains. I spent much of the time with Erica (age 3) on my shoulders, so I had to leave that task to them. (Erica did Bald Mountain all by herself this past week, but Potash was a bit more than she could handle.) I'd never been up this mountain before, and I have to say the summit views are simply beautiful! I wish it was a bit closer to home, so I could add it to my list of "someone's visiting so take them on a hike" mountains.

Nice little post. I love Potash, it's one of my favorite day hikes. And yes, it is a pretty good workout at the same time.