Arizona hiking

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROCKYSUMMIT

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Looking to do some hikes in Arizona probably late October or early November. Visiting relatives but I will definitely be sneaking away and heading for the trails with my pack and camera. I'll take any suggestions from our experts. Also any car trips I can do with The Mrs! Thanks.

Hey everyone. Looking to do some hikes in Arizona probably late October or early November. Visiting relatives but I will definitely be sneaking away and heading for the trails with my pack and camera. I'll take any suggestions from our experts. Also any car trips I can do with The Mrs! Thanks.

Arizona's a big state. Where will you be visiting/trying to sneak away from?

Yep you are right. I was in a hurry posting. We will be in the Mesa area but we plan to do some driving too. Maybe the Grand Canyon with some snow?

Yep you are right. I was in a hurry posting. We will be in the Mesa area but we plan to do some driving too. Maybe the Grand Canyon with some snow?

There wasn't any snow when we were at the South Rim in early November 2010, not that it mattered! It was a frosty morning, though.
In Sedona I'd recommend Bear Mountain as the best hike. Loved Brins Mesa as well, wandered around and bushwhacked a bit. If you do that one from the Sedona end, be sure to take a right at an unmarked junction just as you top out on the flat mesa. It will take you to some rocky outcrops and a canyon overlook with great photo ops. The foliage was at its height in early November too, and the West Fork of Oak Creek was a feast for the eyes, though a bit crowded.

Tony,

Let's talk about some hikes off line. I've hiked out of Sedona 2 times, a week each. I second Audrey's recommendations. I was with her and others to Bear and Brins. Both are great hikes with terrific views. There is also a fire tower( I have to look up the name) hike a half hour north of Sedona.
Might be a little late for Humphries. If so, try Tank Meadow, right outside of Flagstaff and just south of Humphries( looking up at it all the time)- another nice hike and you might have some Elk bugling there.

Alan