Success Pond Rd Status

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi NH Tramper, you might want to wait at least a week...I drove by it Friday and the barrel and cable were still up...I will try to check it tomorrow and contact some contacts and see what's up...unless someone else has new info!!

No problem! with this weather, the Mahoosuc Range should look like Times Square at rush hour, for those hikers in the know!!

5/6/13: Success Pond Rd open care needed with maybe some soft mud spots along side of road possible logging operations going on...will be awaiting trail condition report, usually a lot of snow up there and stays later than many spots around here!!

Thank you Lefty E for that information. I will wait a few weeks before I go there and maybe somebody will give us trail conditions

Think it's a safe idea to wait because I have run into hikers who had to come out due to deep snow up on the Mahoosuc between Cascade Mt. and Mt. Success, this time of year, even a week or two later...

The road is open but cannot be traversed all the way to Rte 26 due to a culvert being put in or something like that. We drove in, hiked up the pond trail to the ridge, down to the pond, up to the spur and summit, then down the trail to the Notch. We then road walked back some 8 miles or so to our vehicle. Awesome trip!

You're right about the snow, really deep in the bowl where Spec Pond is... so pretty, though.