Scar Ridge Traverse, 8/17/13

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TEO

Reaction score

It went well, thanks. Arm joined me for a four-peak binge (Noth Loon, West West Scar, Middle Scar, East Scar), & East West Scar thrown in for good measure. We found some thick stuff on the summit of East Scar--a "shitstorm" according to one entry in the summit log. On the descent of East Scar's northeast ridge on our way to the East Pond Trail, we got sucked down into the wrong side of the ridge, and the correction required took a little while. We saw your entry in the West West Scar log, and much to my delight, found in the East Scar log the entry of a good friend of mine dated 17 July 1993--20 years and one month ago. The hike took about 10.5 hours of hiking, eight of which were spent bushwhacking. It was a good day in the mountains with good company.

Nice report and congrats on the traverse. I ran into an issue or two on my way back to North Loon and am now very familiar with the route between the two peaks. Great day in the woods for me as well.