Mt Madison via... (see post for trails) - 8/27

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NH Tramper

Reaction score
Date of Hike: August 27, 2013

Trails: Valley Way, Brookside, Inlook, Kelton, Watson Path, and Osgood Trails

Trail Conditions: There was one blowdown on Watson Path or Kelton if I recall and everything was otherwise fine. No significant mud (though Watson Path particularly was wet and steep) and all tiny crossings were super easy. Inlook was a gorgeous trail with great views, as was Kelton; gorgeous, sans views. The latter is so seldom used there was moss growing on the treadway! The beginning of Valley Way is greatly improved since I was there last. The upper section was wet and slick.

Special Equipment Used: None needed.

Comments: Hiked this one with Stefanie and it was a terrific hike. We're not red-lining (and I already had this one for August), but taking out of the ordinary trails sure is rewarding. And fun. Ran into Karen Washington on the summit and together we all took Valley Way down. I was on a mission on VW: Finished the blazing on the last (upper) .3 or so of my section and fixed some of the blazes that got runny from the rain last time I was working there.

Mike "Tramper" Cherim
North Conway NH