Fall from Phelps

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROCKYSUMMIT

Reaction score
Fall from Phelps 10/3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No this was not a tumbling down gravity thing. Definitely a beautiful uplifting autumnal experience climbing Phelps! Wow what a perfect fall day. Colors were at their peak down low, maybe slightly past peak up high. The only thing that could have made it any better would have been snow on the peaks, but it was much too warm for that. I haven't been up to the High Peaks in quite a while so this perfect day was a perfect reminder of how beautiful this place is. The hike itself seemed less steep as I remembered which gave me lots of time for picture taking. And I took a lot! Just couldn't get myself off the mountain. I also spent time reflecting on past backpacking trips when my kids were very small and I was the pack mule. Phelps was one of the trips we made a few times. It was also especially nice to be out without any crowds, being a Thursday. It was my first time through the Marcy Dam area since the storms. Sad to see that area as it is now. I guess a regrown meadow in place of the pond in time will be more appealing. Anyway, I have to get back up more often. Here are some pics from the day.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/103741925@N06/sets/72157636275066155/
Isn't it a pity
-George Harrison

Tony, life time Dodger fan, but Barbara is a Red Sox fan and we have so many Boston friends they've all converted me to the Sox....that is unless the Dodgers and Sox both make the Series...;)