Wheelerville Rd, Vermont

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hikeup100

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Wheelerville rd closes or is gated? Headed up to do Killington on November 9th and came across a website that said open til November? I know folks live on that road so just curious? planning to start on Buckling trail off that road.

The side coming from Rt 4 is generally open and was repaired extensively after Irene. I think there may still be a bridge out on the other side (beyond the trailhead from Rt 4). Maybe check with the town/county road department.

I ran down it a couple miles from rt 4 in August of this year and there was a sign saying the bridge was out beyond the Bucklin trailhead. I didn't run far enough to see what it looked like at the bridge outage (I didn't even get to the Bucklin trailhead). The road seemed to be in pretty good condition for driving (though it was a little tough for running with all the rocks kicking up).

The damaged bridge in question is just beyond the Bucklin trailhead. People use the trail year-round.