Garfield

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donna

Reaction score
Great day hiking Garfield on Saturday. No snowshoes needed, wore micro spikes all the way to the summit. I finished my winter NH48, winter NE67, and winter NE100 highest all on Saturday, Mt. Garfield!

It’s been a really fun journey…I had the best time in my whole life! A great big thank you to all who finished with me on Saturday, top of Garfield…one of my favorite mountains. A special thanks to Frodo for getting me to most of my winter peaks, also to Arm for getting me to those peaks -- just because I needed them. GO was awesome getting us the best spots in Baxter and getting me to peak Saddleback and Horn on a day when we couldn’t see the summit, he had second thoughts, but said to himself, “She really wants this peak.” It turned out to be a beautiful day once we got there…and Jeffrey, Lloyd, SueBiscuit, MEB, ‘MtnPa’, Swampy, Skimom, Meri, Darlene, Steve-o, Bob&Geri, Seema, Audrey, and the many more who broke trail up to our chins. Thank you to Darren for getting us all connected! I have so many good memories, and remember…What happens in the mountains, stays in the mountains. I love you all!
donna

Last edited:
Congratulations, Donna! Awesome accomplishment. I love telling people about what you call the type of "break" experienced when a group waits up for others only to take off as soon as the others catch up! Fond memories of Baxter with you and that motley crew several years ago. Congratulations on your winter triple play!
-Lucky Laura

Congratulations again Donna!! You had a great crew to finish with.
Sorry to have missed it but such is life.

So one cold Sunday morning over coffee donna says she's hiking the Osceolas. I ask her who she is hiking with. She says she's hiking solo. Some of you know of donna's legendary navigational skills. I thought it best to tag along. That was my first winter peak.

Huge congrats hotdonna!!!

A big congrats to you. Finishing on Garfield with those views....... What a way to go!