Crank up the hype - 1 to 2 feet Snowfall Wednesday/Thursday

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peakbagger

Super Moderator
Staff member
VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
The TV stations must need ad revenue.:)

Other reports 6 to 12 in the whites with some models hinting it could get wet at the end.

The weathermen are getting bored. There hasn't been too many storms to report on lately.
I like the weather rock.

The TV stations must need ad revenue.:)

Other reports 6 to 12 in the whites with some models hinting it could get wet at the end.

Have you seen the SNL bit with Seth Myers as the weatherman? I have tried (and failed) to find a clip of it, but if you've seen it, think of it now.

I was *hoping* someone would mention this imminent storm! I wonder too, how much will really fall up there. Here in MA we are supposed to get a couple inches, at most. We'll see...

For CT, it's a rain event with some snow on the back side, maybe an inch of so but should take more snow than it leaves. Heading up to the Whites mid-week next week so I'll be checking up.

MW Obs sez 16-24" in the Whites, and they're not prone to hyperbole.
http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/
Here in the Upper Valley they're saying right around a foot; prolly a little sleet and rain thrown in, and a big ugly mess.

The MWOBS high summits forecast now calling for 18-24" with localized 30"+. So...er...what trails get broken out the fastest again?? :)

Good luck to those that need one or two more peaks to finish for the winter 48, and only have this weekend to do it. You will earn those peaks if the weather (snow) comes as predicted.

Dave, you will be very happy. We got hammered (near Rt 2 in the Northeast Kingdom, VT). :) Jay Peak is claiming 18-20". Winds are strong - there are some impressive drifts in our driveway!

10 to 12 in Gorham NH at 1400 feet as of 7 AM Thursday. I think the warm temps cut down accumulation early in the storm so lower areas that didn't get the temps may have more. I haven't seen the drifting other report but my solar arrays are going to take some time to melt off ice from early in the storm.

Looks like we got about 14" of fine, dense snow in East Hardwick (NEK, VT) with maybe another inch or so expected, and heavy wind pushing it around.

20"-22" in the village of Woodstock, VT. I'm guessing the central Greens got the most out of this.