snow counts?--can we get some reports from the field?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carla

Reaction score
I know a few people reported in yesterday (via the "hype" thread) but I'm wondering if we can get some updates now that the dust has settled, so to speak? How are things looking on the ground for this weekend? If you have a moment, inquiring minds down here in the frigid but relatively snow-free flatlands would love to know....

MWOBS reported a total of almost 20" on the summit over the last 2 days (found by looking at the F6 report for March).

Vermont was the big winner in this storm. A legitimate 20"-22" fell in Woodstock; 26" in Sharon.

There's about (actually) 16" of fresh powder at 2000' in Bethlehem, NH.
Today (Saturday) it's going to be mild temps so the snow will start to compact.
Any trail near here will be a work out if you're the first in.

WMUR is another place to check, today they had totals by mid morning, way earlier than nws, posted here It was very heavy snow in central NH, don't know what the consistency was up north but I would assume the same

I had about 3-5 inches of wet heavy in Littleton today. I found the NWS amounts to be a little off from the last storm. I had about 15-16 inches from the last weeks storm and NWS site had reported 8 inches in Littleton.

Top of Loon (3000ish feet) had about 10 inches, riding was great. On the heavier side, but lighter with elevation.