Appalachian Trail Conn River to Glencliff

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KauaiGuy

Reaction score
I'm trying to complete the AT in NH and can't find any trail info from the Connecticut River to Glencliff and Moosilaukee. I need distances, road crossings, resupply points, shelters, water, views, etc. thanks for any leads.

Guthook has some great apps with details, if you plan t hike with a phone or tablet. I have the AT app on both, and use it often.

Or you,could get the AT Guide from the AT Conservancy (great maps!) or David AWOL Miller's book from Amazon.

Lastly, you could just start at the bridge, head up the hill into Hanover, and keep following the blazes. Getting through Hanover's the most complicated navigating between there and Moosilauke ;-)

+1 on Guthook's app - I used his PCT app on my thruhike and it was a huge help!

For general planning, the AT distance calulator is pretty handy:

http://www.atdist.com

AWOL's AT guide is also a great resource:

http://www.theatguide.com

Despite a high "signal to noise ratio" the forums on Whiteblaze.net have a lot of useful info as well

I'd say the ATC guide is the way to go. That whole section is maintained by DOC.

Aww, thanks for the shout-outs guys :-D

If you're like me and like carrying paper maps, too, I think the only paper map of that section of trail is the official ATC map set. And, of course, buying those ones goes right to the ATC, which is a good way to support the trail.

I think the only paper map of that section of trail is the official ATC map set.

NatGeo Trails Illustrated 740 (White Mountains West, Franconia Notch, Lincoln) does go all the way to the river. The new ones look nicer...the old one had this little inset that was pretty close to useless. I do think the ATC maps are better, and you'll need the ATC directions (or other) to get through town. I spent a lot of time with those directions + google maps satellite view...although the AT is now on Google Maps so you can see the critical turn across the fields by the gas station.

Thanks. Downloaded Guthook's App and the NH section. ATC Guidebook and maps are in the mail. Looking forward to the hike!

I'm trying to complete the AT in NH and can't find any trail info from the Connecticut River to Glencliff and Moosilaukee. I need distances, road crossings, resupply points, shelters, water, views, etc. thanks for any leads.

Isn't this info in the WMG, minus the maps?

It's all in either the White Mountain Guide or the AMC Southern New Hampshire guide, minus the maps. everything I have is in storage or I'd look for you...that said, I'd go with a mileage guide and map from ATC. You shouldn't need anything else.

Used WMG descriptions for numerous day trips to connect the dots...really helpful directions for finding the trailheads on the backroads and Rt. 25C, 25A, 25...