Favorite Photos from Winter 2013-2014

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John in NH

Reaction score
While we are waiting for all this snow to melt and even longer for flowers to start to emerge, does anyone want to share their favorite pictures from this past winter? There has been a strong tradition in the Top Ten of the year and the Spring Wildflower threads, why not start a new tradition for winter?

Heck, you still have time to make more winter pics the way we are going (don't need to follow strict peakbagging definition for this winter thread if you don't want, dec 19 is fine). Folks on this board embark on some pretty awesome winter trips so might be some pretty cool shots out there. Doesn't need to be Ansel Adams or Bradford Washburn quality, so don't worry if you don't have a full frame DSLR or anything. Any photo you find compelling will suffice.

Any takers?

OK I'll open it up with one of my amateur photos before the pros step in. This is one I liked that I took from the top of Mt Flume:

IMG_20131109_100609_719.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20131109_100609_719.jpg
    IMG_20131109_100609_719.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Nice!

I think my daughter is going to be posting a complete photo-supported report of our winter's hikes, but here is one from our final trip of the season. This was from the top of Monroe on Wednesday, 3/19, just as the wind was starting to kick up.

DSCN1471sm.jpg

This was my favorite. It was an early start from the trailhead to get up to Jackson summit by sunlight to get this shot.

DSC00549.jpg

Great start everyone!

Mirabela-- My three year old says she wants to come with me every time I go hiking, but I think we'll have to wait a bit for Monroe in Winter. Must be great to get to that point.

Framerman-- Jackson sunrise in winter has been on my list, just have get up early enough! Nice job pulling that one off.

Here are some I like from this winter:

Backlit Snowy Spruce

IMG_0916-1+landscape.JPG

Hiker Ascending Kinsman Ridge Trail on Cannon (that trail is so much better in winter!)

IMG_0962-3.JPG

Mouth of Winter

IMG_4278-1+Ice+Teeth+Stream.JPG

Bluebird Winter Day on Franconia Ridge

IMG_1213-4.JPG

Sunset from Red Hill over Lake Winnipesauke during January thaw (ice reflecting colors nicely)

IMG_0712-1+Lakes+Region+Water+World+Sunset.JPG

New Year's Day First Light over Chocorua Lake

Chocorua+Lake+Sunrise+Jan+1+2014-2.jpg

Weather Change on Washington from Wildcat D summit (80 mph winds kicked big plume of spindrift up on Washington, visible in photo)

IMG_1093-1+Tuckerman+to+Huntington+B+%2526+W.JPG

Snowy Owl in Marsh, Rye, NH

IMG_5226-1+Snowy+on+Post+Forest+View.JPG

Hiker Ascending Liberty, Undercast to the Northwest

IMG_1643-1.JPG

I only got to the mountains thrice this winter, but that’s three more times than usual. I also managed to claim my first two winter ascents of 4000-footers.

The first two are from my climb of Mount Monadnock on December 28, 2013.

Here are three from Mount Pierce, January 13:

And three from Mount Tecumseh, March 7:

These are great pictures. A few more I was fond of:

Madison__DSCN0276_0035.JPG

Twins__DSCN0206_0016.JPG

Twins__DSCN0238_0048.JPG

Last edited: