Mt. Washington Snowfields Avalanche 3/29/14

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are the same picture--the first has been cropped a bit and the second has been lightened and a grey shading has been placed over the avalanche zone...

Doug

It actually looks like they were taking a few seconds apart, going by the location of the people on the right side of the photo. :)

It actually looks like they were taking a few seconds apart, going by the location of the people on the right side of the photo. :)
You may be right, however the EXIF has been altered so the identities and times of both images have been removed. Both appear to have been taken from the same viewpoint and both bear the same copyright.

The differences in the resolution and the shading make it difficult to compare some of the details.

Doug

I freaked out a little when I saw this a few days ago - that snowfield was always my favorite "direct finish" off of the Lion Head trail.

You may be right, however the EXIF has been altered so the identities and times of both images have been removed. Both appear to have been taken from the same viewpoint and both bear the same copyright.

The differences in the resolution and the shading make it difficult to compare some of the details.

Doug

The second photo could have been shot from the gassy knoll. ;)

I took the photos. Thanks for giving me the credit, btw. I "donated" the photos to the Mount Washington Observatory but I notice that they were not all credited to the MWO. Needless to say, this was quite an experience and given the choice of RUN-LIKE-HELL vs Take-Pictures, well, I don't need to tell you which I chose. : ) I was not in danger though I must admit I didn't know for sure. The pictures were taken from the Alpine Gardens Trail.

Here's my blog (still in progress) about my week up at the MWO including the avalanche day. There is a link in my blog to a short youtube video that I put up with the photos sequenced. It really needs to be viewed full screen in high definition by clicking on the gray cog wheel in the lower right corner and clicking on 1440p. http://bethsrecipes.wordpress.com/