BSP: South Branch Pond/N. Traveler, 3/27-3/20

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blaze

Reaction score
The itinerary for our group of six:

3/26: drive up, motel it in Sherman, ME
3/27: hike/ski in to South Branch Pond
3/28: hike Howe Brook
3/29: hike N. Traveler
3/30: up 4:00 AM; hoof it out and drive home (in an unexpected late-breaking blizzard). Thanks to BSP Ranger Bruce, who advised us of the approaching storm, which was not called for in the last forecast we heard.

A few shots:

Lower South Branch Pond, by starlight
p662860505-5.jpg

On N. Traveler
p875976407-5.jpg

Upper and Lower S Branch Ponds and the connector stream
p1058514791-5.jpg

Mt Katahdin (IN THE DISTANCE, let me hasten to add)
p989320096-5.jpg

A short gallery is here.

Jonathan,

My wife and I thank you for sharing your amazing trip and your jaw dropping photos. It looks like you all had a great time at perhaps our favorite place in the East. Some of the photos were simply jaw dropping and we loved the fact that everyone was smiling in all the photos in your gallery!

Thanks again and best regards,
Marty

Nice. I think #16 (rime+lichen on the rocks) is my favorite.

Tim

That's a beautiful picture. I really like the first one in the thread too. I forgot how many stars can be seen on a clear night in Baxter.

Great shots Blaze!

That's a well earned view of Katahdin! Fantastic pics, thanks for the link!

Per ususal nice photos! As you may already know, Andy W and I (with a couple other Beaners) were there the week before. Sadly (for you!) we were forced to drink the booze that AW was going to leave for you. We got really thirsty :rolleyes:...

Thank you to all for the very kind comments.

Per ususal nice photos! As you may already know, Andy W and I (with a couple other Beaners) were there the week before. Sadly (for you!) we were forced to drink the booze that AW was going to leave for you. We got really thirsty :rolleyes:...

We did not lack for refreshments! But now you mention it, I do recall some mention of you guys leaving us a pony keg. =) Perhaps we can all join forces for a Chimney Pond trip next winter.