New belknap Range Web Site.

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrailwrightBratt

Reaction score
The debut of the New Weldon Bosworth Map and Web site was presented last Monday night at the Belknap Range Trail Tenders (BRATTS) Annual Meeting.
A lot of hard work went into this Web Site that includes all the latest trail descriptions,relocations, name changes and blazing colors on the map revision.
There is also a good selection of other information of the entire range for your enjoyment.
it can be found here: http://belknaprangetrails.org/ ENJOY

Perfect timing! I am planning to do a Gunstock, Belknap and Piper traverse in about a month and any info is helpful. Thanks for all you do!

The website lists a number of libraries that carry the Belknap Trails map including Meredith. I went to the Meredith library to pick one up and they have never heard of or carried this map. They would be more than happy to carry it if provided. You might want to make sure that the libraries listed actually the map.

Weldon just informed me that some one had mentioned Meredith. He has since provided them with it.

Tom if you could help him with providing that information do so he would welcome any help. Hal

I volunteered to post the info on VFTT so any questions or suggestions should be Directed to Weldon. If on trail maintenance I would be happy to field any questions.

Tom if you could help him with providing that information do so he would welcome any help.
I think after the hoopla about the Ossipee Range map some people would like to see public/quasi-public land delineated, the AMC has finally done this for the WMG maps

I believe it can be obtained from the UNH GRANIT online map

I think after the hoopla about the Ossipee Range map

I'm not aware of any landowners in the Belknaps trying to hide questionable things on taxpayer purchased easements, unlike with the Ossipee situation.

I'm not aware of any landowners in the Belknaps trying to hide questionable things on taxpayer purchased easements, unlike with the Ossipee situation.

I have no sympathy for the company that got a large sum of money for an easement and then didn't want people to utilize it

But I do have sympathy for adjoining landowners who got no money but had hikers on their property thinking it was public, hence the value of showing property boundaries

If the Ossipee map had property lines, it would be easier for people to recognize illegal activity within the easement

If the Belknap map had property lines, maybe people would report the 2 cabins built illegally in the state forest

I know of one Illegal camp site close to round Pond. I am not aware of any other camp sites in the Forest. Would you elaborate the second one for me?. The camp site near round Pond is not a cabin only a series of tarps lashed to poles etc.. It does have a lot of junk inside and around it. Forest& Lands is aware and has plans to eventually remove it. Who knows when.
I do know of several in the area but not in the Forest proper.

Hey Roy I am still waiting for a response as to where the illegal Cabins are in the Belknap State Forest.
If you do not want to put the answer here on VFTT just PM me. I would appreciate it.

The debut of the New Weldon Bosworth Map and Web site was presented last Monday night at the Belknap Range Trail Tenders (BRATTS) Annual Meeting.
A lot of hard work went into this Web Site that includes all the latest trail descriptions,relocations, name changes and blazing colors on the map revision.
There is also a good selection of other information of the entire range for your enjoyment.
it can be found here: http://belknaprangetrails.org/ ENJOY

Thanks for posting this - it's really awesome.

I had not made the connection that the Hidden Valley Boy Scout Camp was in this region (I went when I was younger and never really knew where it was in relation to other places). We used to climb Mt Shannon to watch the sunset.

Hey Roy I am still waiting for a response as to where the illegal Cabins are in the Belknap State Forest.
If you do not want to put the answer here on VFTT just PM me. I would appreciate it.
One is maybe what you decribe near Round Pond, the other farther south. Never saw them myself just heard of them, that's why somebody else needs to find them :)

Thanks The other may be the one on Piper. It definitely is more of a cabin but not in the Forest.
Dave Roberts gave me pictures of at least three.