the pinnacle, lyndeborough mountain, rose mountain 4/10/14

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryan

Reaction score
date: 4/10/14

trails: helens trail, snowmobile trails, bushwhacks

conditions: i parked on the shoulder at the start of helens trail at the height of land on mountain road in lyndeborough. not signed per say, but there is a sign saying to stay on the trail and some yellow markers. the whole hike was a mix of soft wet snow and bare ground. the ledgy summits were completely melted off as were any areas with some southern exposure. the trail to pinnacle was still mostly covered then patchy as i bushwhacked over lyndeborough. the snowmobile trails still had some snow, but the upper part of rose was completely melted off. on the return i bushwhacked on the northern slopes of lyndeborough and pinnacle to intersect back with helens trail and those woods still had some significant snow. one water crossing of note was note an issue.

equipment: i had snowshoes on and off over the course of the hike.

comments: nice morning hike with great views from pinnacle and rose. pretty sure you can follow snowmobile trails all the way from pinnacle over to rose, but given the open woods leaving the trails was nice too. noted more moose sign than i had been expecting along with plenty of deer and a little old bear poo. great morning.

bryan

[email protected]