Can a person in the Berks comment?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Heading out to Round, Frissel, and Brace tomorrow... and I'm wondering if everything is melted out that way.
I can't imagine there still being snow in MA, even in the mountains.

Thanks much.

Wow, I was at Bash Bish falls and hiked the South Taconic Trail north to Prospect hill today (4/12/14) and no signs of snow.. However, those three peaks are slightly higher but not terribly far away either... I didn't see any signs of snow at all, just a spot of ice off the cedar brook trail on a drainage that flows into the brook.

I brought microspikes just in case but never even thought of them.

If anything, I'd only pack the microspikes.....

Jay

Soooo, did you see any snow on Frissell, Brace?

Word from a friend of mine there is still snow at elevation on the autoroad on Greylock...... Usually the road is an awesome place to bike after the snow/ice melt and before the gates open...

Jay

Not quite the Berks, but has anyone in Western MA been near the Tully Trail or northern M-M Trail recently? I'm thinking of hiking there this weekend, but I'm curious about how flooded the trail might be. Wasn't able to get in touch with the park office by phone this morning, but I'll try again later today.