Autism Hikes - Sunday, May 4 - Welsh & Dickey - more later

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwinMom+1

Reaction score
Our new group Autism Hikes is sponsoring an autism-friendly walk in the woods on Sunday, May 4 at Welsh & Dickey.
More details to follow but please spread the word to any families or individuals affected by autism
who might like their special individual to give it a go with like-minded families and friends.
PM me or forward my email [email protected].

Many thanks to many years of VFTT wisdom that will go into every step of this hike.:)

Mary Kae

That's awesome. I myself have Asperger syndrome and I would love to go, but I have to work. I did a solo hike up Welch-Dickey in March 2013 and it was amazing up there. Good call planning it for May, though; the snow should be pretty much melted, and I don't think the people going on this would like walking through slush and slop ;) .

Can't wait to hear how it goes!

EDIT: I may be able to go if it's not too late to take that day off. I usually work every Sunday, but if the limit for time-off requests hasn't been reached for the 4th, I can secure it.

Last edited:
Hi All - reminder that Autism Hikes! has an event for individuals with autism and their loved ones for Sunday May 4 at 10 am ET, originally set for Welsh & Dickey. We'll make a call in the next 24 hours as to whether to move the location given rain making the slabs likely very slick, OR possibly setting the objective as only Welsh, or only Dickey. We'll also be making a call on Sat 5/2 evening at 9 pm as to whether the event cancels and moves to its rain date of Sunday May 18.

PM me or check out this meetup if you're interested:

http://www.meetup.com/Autism-Hikes/?gj=ej1b&a=wg2_cio

thanks, regards, Mary Kae
[email protected]