Flood warning in northern NH tonight – likely trail impacts

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sardog1

Reaction score
If it ain't snowin' there, we ain't goin' there.
Heavy rain and melting snow are raising river levels tonight in northern New Hampshire, and some trails are likely to have been affected. This was posted a few hours ago by the National Weather Service:

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN GRAY MAINE HAS ISSUED A

* FLOOD WARNING FOR SMALL STREAMS IN...

CARROLL COUNTY IN NORTHERN NEW HAMPSHIRE...
SOUTHERN COOS COUNTY IN NORTHERN NEW HAMPSHIRE...
GRAFTON COUNTY IN NORTHERN NEW HAMPSHIRE...

* UNTIL 315 AM EDT WEDNESDAY

* AT 719 PM EDT NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED AN AREA OF HEAVY RAIN MOVING THROUGH CENTRAL AND NORTHERN NEW HAMPSHIRE. SMALLER RIVERS AND STREAMS ARE RISING RAPIDLY AT THIS TIME. EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT REPORTS THAT THE GALE RIVER IS FLOODING IN FRANCONIA CAUSING TO ROADS TO BE CLOSED. RADAR INDICATES THAT UP TO 2 INCHES OF RAIN HAS FALLEN IN THIS AREA OVER THE LAST FEW HOURS. ADDITIONAL RAINFALL IS EXPECTED FOR THE NEXT SEVERAL HOURS.

Hi,
I'm heading up to the Pittsburg area this week. Has anyone used the Magalloway Rd recently-, I'm hoping to hike up the mountain while I'm in the area. If it's in fad shape, I'll probably visit the 4th Connecticut Lake Mature Conservancy area instead. Was hoping to do both!

Thanks,
zentracker

If you mean ski, snowshoe or snowmachine the Magalloway Road then perhaps there is enough snow left. If you mean to drive, I think you are 4 weeks too early.

VT