Ever seen RC's on the trail?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Framerman

Reaction score
I was hiking with my family today at Burnt Meadow in Maine when we got back near the trailhead, a group of people (8 or so) had their RC's going up the trail. First time I had seen that one. I didn't say anything, Cahulawassee River valley came to mind if you get my drift. They mentioned something about the FoBMM telling them no motorized vehicles on the trail, which I can see. Just thought the whole scene was odd.

Great trail conditions BTW. Nice southern exposure has melted everything and dried out the trails quite well.

Dang, sorry about the acronyms. I wasn't thinking. The FoBMM is Friends of Burnt Meadow Mountain, they maintain and manage the trails there. I'd say they are similar to the AMC for that specific range of trails and mountains.

Yeah, they were playing with toys. At least it wasn't the gas powered type, those have some power to them. I didn't say anything since it was a pretty uneasy feeling walking through what was obviously non-hikers and there was a potential for escalating tensions. There was a child or two, but the rest were adults. I probably should have said something, but I have a tendency to lack in the tact department :)

I'll send a note off to the trail masters.