Mt Abraham (ME) in June

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KPMMBM

Reaction score
Planning a backpack trip around Abraham area in June and only unknown at this point is how far in West Kingfield Rd or Rapid Stream Rd we will be able to drive. How far from there to Fire Warden's trail? One plan is for this to be the end of Day 2 or 3 so we want to know where to spot car and how far from trail to car it will be. Thanks in advance for any info.

I'm hoping to day hike Abraham via the Fire Wardens trail sometime over the first weekend of June, so I'm going to follow your post for additional info too. However, I'm going to avail myself of a local campground rather than backpacking. This will be my NE 4K 66th peak.

We hiked it last fall and the drive to the first bridge crossing was fine, if a little rough. We were in a Prius and had no really problems. From the parking area at the washed out bridge it's maybe 1/2 mile to the trailhead. Cross the two bridge sites and take the immediate right turn. The trailhead is up the road where it intersects yet another logging road.

We did the AT approach from the S (AT direction). See Jazbo's trip report.