Reminder- The Moose Are Out--- ( Near the Ma/Ct Line too)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Caught this pair coming while exploring the Route 8 corridor in Sandisfield Mass. Even with good flat road and good visibility, a driver didn't bother to slow down. (The video is better in full screen HD)

Last edited:
I had one walk out in front of me in the dark last night on the way home from hiking Moosilauke. It sure got my attention. And sent some stuff from the seat to the floor when I got on the brakes.

Closest I've come to hitting a big animal was when a couple of deer jumped out in front of me while leaving Will Rogers State Park in LA off of Sunset. Yep, we actually have deer in parts of LA, believe it or not. Fortunately, I was approaching a sharp curve and wasn't going more than about 25 and jumped on the brakes.

Closest I've come to hitting a big animal was when a couple of deer jumped out in front of me while leaving Will Rogers State Park in LA off of Sunset. Yep, we actually have deer in parts of LA, believe it or not. Fortunately, I was approaching a sharp curve and wasn't going more than about 25 and jumped on the brakes.

Wow LA doesn't jump into my mind as a place where its likely to hit a deer. Ill admit I haven't been west of Barstow when I was traveling for leisure, so mountain goats, desert tortoises, hares, and kit foxes have crossed my path. ('Ive always given the desert tortoises some help).

Wow LA doesn't jump into my mind as a place where its likely to hit a deer. Ill admit I haven't been west of Barstow when I was traveling for leisure, so mountain goats, desert tortoises, hares, and kit foxes have crossed my path. ('Ive always given the desert tortoises some help).

You'd be surprised what shows up around here. I live by a marina, so we have sea lions, lots of them. They bark all night quite often and you can see them sunning themselves on the docks or swimming around. We occasionally see dolphins and even a whale or two every so often. We also have raccoons in the neighborhood. Up along Sunset Blvd, where Will Rogers State Park is for example (the old homestead of Will Rogers, the cowboy actor) the hills are wide open, so you will see deer and mountain lions once in a while. In the foothills, mostly east of downtown, bears come down out of the hills and roam around the neighborhoods. They usually wind up on the news. Coyotes are quite common, but they are considered a nuisance because they attack pets. Griffith Park, a big park near downtown LA and a couple of the movie studios has a lot of wildlife. A few years ago, a mountain lion wandered into downtown Santa Monica. The poor thing was shot by the cops, instead of captured; caused a big kerfuffle, and rightly so.