Silverfox is grid finisher #44

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikehikeskifish

VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi to All

Yesterday, Wednesday, May21, 2014, Mark Tuckerman
became the "Forty-Fourth ( #44 )" finisher of the "GRID".

Mark has now hiked the "48" NH four thousand footers
in "every calendar month" ( 12 x 48 = 576 ).

On this day, Mark completed his "GRID" on the summit of
Mt.Bondcliff, via a traverse beginning at Zealand Road parking
and ending at the Lincoln Woods parking lot.

Mark was joined on this day by a contingent of friends and
well wishers.

CONGRATULATIONS TO MARK!!!!!!!!

I know you will all join me, in congratulations to Mark,
on completion of this fun & rewarding goal & achievement.

THANKS & TAKE CARE

ED

Congratulations, an impressive feat. I ran into him on Waumbek this winter.

Congrats Silverfox! I've always enjoyed reading your TRs on NETC. Keep 'em coming.

Congratulations Mark! I am so sorry I wasn't there. You rock! I am glad we got to share some trails this Winter!

Wow! Awesome. I just read the email from Ed and was repeating your given name to myself saying that's someone I know. So, I checked VFTT and sure enough-Silverfox... You are a lucky guy! Congratulations.

Congratulations Mark. I had the pleasure of meeting you back in March of 2010 on the Bonds when you were finishing a winter single season. Keep up the good work - Dave

Last edited:
On its own, it seems like an impressive accomplishment. However, it's actually a lot more impressive - Silverfox has earned well over 1,000 4Ks (more than twice the 576), multiple single season W48s, and has done so with a total knee replacement while working full time. If that's not impressive, I don't know what is!

Congrats to SF. That takes a lot of perseverance. I wonder what was the hardest month?
I suspect its not a winter month but a mud month. Perhaps other "gridders" will weigh in.

Congratulations, Mark! I wish I could have joined you on the finishing hike. It's been great running into you over the years.