2 Alpine Ascents guides and 4 clients on Mt Rainier

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The area they fell into is so dangerous, at this point there not sure when or IF they can go in for a recovery.

Terrible news. Matt (the lead guide for this climb with AAI) was the lead guide for a 6 day course I took 2 years ago. I was actually hoping to do LR next month when I'm out there. This will weigh on me pretty heavily. My heart goes out to all the climbers and their families.

Terrible news. Matt (the lead guide for this climb with AAI) was the lead guide for a 6 day course I took 2 years ago. I was actually hoping to do LR next month when I'm out there. This will weigh on me pretty heavily. My heart goes out to all the climbers and their families.

I've had friends who have attempted LR and from what I know about it, it's not on my list. If you do go, good luck and be safe, its no walk in the park.

Just to point out so people are aware, there is a local connection to one of the guides:

Eitan Green was a guide for Acadia Mountain Guides as well as International Mountain Climbing School. He went to Colby College. The memorial service is in Brookline tomorrow (Thurs) according to the article.

I assume there's a chance people on the board knew him, so thought it should be highlighted.

A very sad accident for all involved.