Views from the Lake: Moosehead Lake Paddling and Camping 5-29

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomcat32

Reaction score
It's not hiking but in my opinion Moosehead Lake is one of the most scenic places in New England with lots of recreation. Several of the peaks in the region are in the Prominence 50 list and the 100 mile wilderness is right next door. With inside knowledge there is plenty of mountain biking (not technical) to explore as well.
This was probably my last chance to relax on the lake as well as do a little paddling before we move to Colorado in just over a week. If you enjoy the outdoors and most of us on here do, try to make it there someday. On my blog I have the kayaking trip report on a trip around Sugar Island, the lakes largest at 4200 acres as well as some lots of North Woods scenery. I know there are several on here that visit this region. Hope you enjoy http://tomcatoutdoors.blogspot.com/2014/06/kayaking-and-camping-on-moosehead-lake.html

awesome report and pictures. that really is a beautiful area. it took me way too long to finally get up there.
all the best in your move to colorado.

bryan

Give it a few years when Plum Creek starts to market their mega development and I expect there will a lot more folks making the run up there.

As far as I know that could take up to 30 years from when it was finally accepted two years ago. It could be a little while to enjoy the solitude.