Free Mt Everest lecture by Ed Webster

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoySwkr

Reaction score
Ed Webster has attempted Mt Everest from the N, S, and E but this lecture is mostly about his group's ascent from the E - done without Sherpas hence without oxygen.

Concord NH city auditorium 2 Prince St, Wed. Nov. 5 7:30 pm

Yes I know that's a lot of notice but I don't want you to book something else!

That's a lot of notice, but it gives one enough time to read Ed's book before the talk.
The lecture is naturally limited by time constraints, so having the whole backstory will just add to your enjoyment. (Then take it to get signed!)
Highly recommended.

That's a lot of notice, but it gives one enough time to read Ed's book before the talk.
The lecture is naturally limited by time constraints, so having the whole backstory will just add to your enjoyment. (Then take it to get signed!)
Highly recommended.

I just finished his book (Snow in the Kingdom: My Storm Years on Everest) not long ago, and it's one of my favorites on the subject of Everest/high-altitude mountaineering. Lots of good pics, too.

Thanks for the heads-up, Roy!

After seeing Ed at our local library I was convinced his message should be spread to our student body.

Ed was at my school not that long ago and his humble, humorous, and inspiring message is one that touches the young and old, those who frequent mountains and those who do not.

For those of you who have not seen or met him, I highly recommend going.

Z :D

I have read the book and so has my son- he visited my sons college, UMPI - before he became a freshman, but we read the book loaned to us by one of the staff-, an amazing mountaineering feat done by true mountaineers, not the usual Everest crowd. Worth the read, if I lived closer to NH, would definitely be there...who knows, maybe i will be out of CT and living in NH by then!

I'm going to try to make this for sure. I used to go to alot of lectures, Ive met Ed Viesters ( excellent lecture) and many others. They used to have alot of these lectures in Boston and Ive been to some great ones in Denver as well. The best Ive seen is Doug Scott the britt, he was incredible. Ive read a couple of Ed's books, he is quite the mountaineer, should be a great show.

Hi All,

A big thank you to RoySwkr for getting the word out very early on this one.

I just thought I would keep this thread going for Ed Webster's lecture next week

Concord NH city auditorium 2 Prince St, Wed. Nov. 5 7:30 pm

Thanks,

Z :D