Any Knee Pad recommendations

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KauaiGuy

Reaction score
Planning a 31 mi. hike thru the Mahoosucs next week. I'm thinking knee pads might come in handy, especially in the Notch itself. I'm guessing I'll be doing some crawling. Any recommendations?

Consider weight benefit ratio, carry x ounces for 31 miles to use them for 2 minutes maybe 3 times?. Unless you have some special condition that requires pads I would suggest the are not necessary. The couple of sections that require a trip under the boulders is mostly scrambling across lots of smaller rocks so pad are not really that helpful.

One suggestion, do Icy Gulch in Randolph as a day hike in CW direction , its a great tune up for the notch. I tell folks if they like the gulch they will love the notch if they don't like the gulch , they may want to reconsider the notch.

If you're wearing shorts, you could possibly just tie bandanas around the knee, somewhat loosely to help in the few spots that you might use it. The bandanas has multiple uses which may justify the weight and they're probably lighter than real knee pads...

Jay