Trail sign replicas

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tuck

Reaction score
I am hoping to find someone who makes replicas of White Mountain trail signs. Know anyone? Any leads greatly appreciated. Thanks

Tuck

Apparently, all the cool kids simply find the sign they want and take it (moosilauke, bald peak, mt kinsman trailhead, sugarloaf trailhead/nash stream rd, north percy/percy loop junction). If ever saw someone with a trail sign on their wall, I would be inclined to be hostile, unless it were in some kind of commemorative display explaining why the heck a trail sign was anywhere but on a trail.

I am hoping to find someone who makes replicas of White Mountain trail signs. Know anyone? Any leads greatly appreciated.

Anyone who's made trail signs should be able to produce a decent replica. Stopher made most of the WODC trail signs in use today. He's still around, although he hasn't been on VFTT for some time.

Apparently, all the cool kids simply find the sign they want and take it (moosilauke, bald peak, mt kinsman trailhead, sugarloaf trailhead/nash stream rd, north percy/percy loop junction). If ever saw someone with a trail sign on their wall, I would be inclined to be hostile, unless it were in some kind of commemorative display explaining why the heck a trail sign was anywhere but on a trail.

FYI, the AMC trails department often bestows retiring longtime adopters, region leaders, and/or other volunteers who have committed noble service with an old sign that was in need of replacing.

FYI, the AMC trails department often bestows retiring longtime adopters, region leaders, and/or other volunteers who have committed noble service with an old sign that was in need of replacing.

And a $2 brass plaque that says 'this sign was presented to so-and-so in honor of their long service, etc' seems entirely appropriate in such cases. Any trophy shop can whip one of those out in a matter of minutes.

Making a sign isn't that difficult but getting the "typeface" is not as easy. All the clubs have a distinctive lettering style while the USFS uses some sort of standardized templates.

I don't think folks will be clamoring for the new USFS signs made out of what looks to be old fast food tables (plastic yellow core with brown layer on the exterior)