Water source on N. Twin Spur or Twinway to Bondcliff Tr.

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KauaiGuy

Reaction score
I'm planning to hike the North Twin Trail from Haystack Rd. to the spur to S. Twin to the Twinway as far as the Bondcliff Trail, summit Guyot, and return. I'm not planning to go to the Guyot campsite. Is there a watersource on the N. twin Spur or Twinway between S. twin and Mt. Guyot? The 2 liters I carry won't last me the 15 mi. RT. Thanks.

I'm planning to hike the North Twin Trail from Haystack Rd. to the spur to S. Twin to the Twinway as far as the Bondcliff Trail, summit Guyot, and return. I'm not planning to go to the Guyot campsite. Is there a watersource on the N. twin Spur or Twinway between S. twin and Mt. Guyot? The 2 liters I carry won't last me the 15 mi. RT. Thanks.

There is a stream crossing on the North Twin trail about a third of a mile up from the little river, and I think there is one more smaller one about half way up, but it might not be reliable. I would suggesting carrying more than 2 liters to get you out and back, or to hit up the Guyot Sping if you run out or are really low. Others might know about more secretive springs though. :)

I would think that you should just drop down to Guyot Campsite and fill up. It adds less than 1/2 mile (RT) and a few hundred feet, and it's near the turn-around point of your trip. I would think it perfect. And, you can rely on it.

www.rugged-rob.smugmug.com