Wood Lilies?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

w7xman

Reaction score
Wood lilies are my favorite summer wildflower, and I'm looking to include them into some of my landscape photographs this summer.

I know of a few lower peaks around the White Mountains where they grow and have landscape photographic potential, but I'm curious if anyone else has seen any, especially in places where there is also a view?!

Thanks in advance for any knowledge!

I've seen a single ones only. On the ledges of South Moat, in the woods on Pleasant Mountain (NE trail), and in a field south of Belknap Mountain. Has anyone seen them in clusters?

Saw one in 2011 on Rattlesnake Mountain, near the views but in the trees. Can't recall ever seeing any clusters, and I'd probably remember.

This is one of the things I feel as though I've seen a bunch but couldn't tell you where! For some reason the old logging camp off Livermore Road sticks out, but I'm not sure.

In past years there has been a population of wood lilies at the bottom of the cliffs next to Bear Pond, between Waterford ME and Harrison ME on Route 35.

Breeze

Middle Mountain, No. Conway, where there were a bunch:

Scarboro%201%20%20%287-12--09%29%20002-L.jpg

Turtleback Mtn. (Ossipees - LRCT Res.):

Bald%20Knob-Turtleback%20%287-4-08%29%20011-L.jpg

I've also seen them on Foss Mtn. in Eaton.